[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A lot of my friends are superior to me in a lot of ways and being

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: Kingu.png (111KB, 314x314px) Image search: [Google]
Kingu.png
111KB, 314x314px
A lot of my friends are superior to me in a lot of ways and being with them just makes me hate myself for being so shit. They're smarter than me, better than me at a lot of things, are better socially, whenever I show a little aptitude in something one of them will be better than me anyway. Even when I practice at something and train and shit I'll still be fucking awful and they'll be better. Compared to them I'm also a retard. They've done more shit and know more than I do and we're similar ages. It makes me so angry at myself that I'm so shit at literally everything I do. Should I just kill myself or what.
>>
>>18645334
STOP COMPARING YOURSELF TO OTHERS and focus on the shit you want to improve. There are a shit ton of people out there that are better then you genetically and other. All that matters at the end of the day is what can anon do on his own terms. Should you be mad if a Kenyan sprinter beats you is a 100 meter dash? No.
>>
Your friends are conditioning you to be second best.
>>
>>18645345
People I know who are my age have done more than I could do in years and by that point they'll have done even more. What's the fucking point if I'm always going to be fucking awful at everything while people I'm around will simply be a reminder of my inadequacy? Is it because I grew up in a family that didn't push me towards anything or am I just making excuses for being shit?
Also if I don't compare myself to others then who do I compare myself to?
>>18645349
Won't change that they're better than me from the get go. The facts of what I know and can do compared to them won't change with conditioning.
>>
>>18645361
To yourself and what your capable of. It doesn't matter what other people can do. You can find people way worse off then you that have done even less then you. Nothing constructive comes from comparing yourself to others. Except for feeling of inadequacy and shame. Like what your doing right now. Stop comparing yourself to others and the pain goes away, then you can focus on the things you want to get good at.
>>
>>18645376
But m8
>stay around people better than me
>constantly reminded that I'm shit
And trying to get better just ends up with them being better anyway or getting better than me with less effort.
>>
>>18645382
compare yourself to yourself yesterday, quit thinking about how much better they are because you'll never win every battle

its not very hard
>>
it's a lot better than having everyone around you being inferior to you. If you are a competitive person you'd understand.
>>
>>18645334
Perhaps none of that is true, and you just have poor self esteem and poor self image.
>>
File: 1441488841415.jpg (57KB, 800x536px) Image search: [Google]
1441488841415.jpg
57KB, 800x536px
>comparing yourself to others
>not just striving to be a better version of yourself whenever you can

Even if you outpaced your friends there would still be others similar to your age who outpace you out there and you may even meet them, what then? Why not even learn from your supposed superior friends and take in what they know?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.