[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nobody in my college class is interested in vidya or other nerdy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

Nobody in my college class is interested in vidya or other nerdy loser stuff, they all seem interested in sports. I have heard the advice "fake it til u make it" so how do I fake that I like sports when I don't like it?

I absolutely hate sports and find it extremely boring regardless of what sport it is. Sure I am a regular at the gym but other than that I despise and totally suck at sports.

How do I even speak of sports? "Wow that ball flew very far! wow I am so excited about that ball flying very far!" or what the heck am I supposed to say?
>>
>>18644865
And to them it's "fat/hyperskinny nerd points and clicks other nerds to death for hours on end". You don't give a shit about the intricacies of their sports just like they don't give a shit about the intricacies of vidya games. So, don't even bother pretending. You don't have to enjoy their hobbies to form relationships with people. I'm sure they enjoy other things too like... Food and music and TV and movies and drinking and girls etc etc. Also, since you seem to want to understand them, why don't you try to learn more about the sports they're into? People love to talk about things they're interested in. Say you're not much into sports but would like to get into it more. Ask questions etc...
>>
You fucking don't you beta cuck. Who are you trying to impress with talking about shit you don't like ? Your "***friends***" ? lol, think again
>>
>>18644865

>How do I even speak of sports? "Wow that ball flew very far! wow I am so excited about that ball flying very far!" or what the heck am I supposed to say?

Are you fucking stupid? How hard is it to go on Youtube and watch one of those "Sports explanations for dummies" videos?
If you intend to fake it, put a little effort or just don't do it at all and continue to be the social outcast you are. How fucking stupid are you going to look when you try and fake it and know absolutely nothing about what you are talking about? Don't force it, just do whatever you want. You're fake act is going to be seen right through and you'll be seen as a fake moron instead of just some guy off on the side no one talks to or even knows your name.
>>
>>18644865
Observe and listen. You can know 0 about something and still have convo about it, just ask them about it. People love to babble about their hobbies and lives.

Be a bit passive and use questions. Ask them what they are doing on weekends and if they arent assholes, they will include you in their activities.
http://www.improveyoursocialskills.com/conversation
>>
>>18644865

Don't fake it, they'll know right away you'll be exposed. Only ask if you're genuinely interested.
>>
>>18644865
Listen up. Here's the easiest way to keep respect without boring yourself to death with sports. Repeat.
Repeating information that the other people say will make them feel special. Par example- "Dude, did you see the touchdown last night? X ran soooo fast!" Then you reply, "Ya! I didn't think that X could run that fast." Oh, another important point is that you should make sure people know that you're not that into sports beforehand. Lastly, do some brief research online for top players. You'll be golden if you do all of this.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.