[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be back in February >back into another car >was driving

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: lawyer-05.jpg (161KB, 650x350px) Image search: [Google]
lawyer-05.jpg
161KB, 650x350px
>be back in February
>back into another car
>was driving a borrowed car
>I have no personal insurance
>just dented their door
>cops came
>got ticket and paid it
>thought it was over with
>be now
>getting calls from their lawyer
>says owners of car I was driving had no insurance at the time
>says I need to sign an affidavit confirming I indeed did not have insurance either
>if I don't both his client and their insurance will sue me

Do I sign the affidavit or are they trying to trick me into something?
>>
>>18644712
>says owners of car I was driving had no insurance at the time
>if I don't both his client and their insurance will sue me

wat
>>
>>18644712
>Do I sign the affidavit or are they trying to trick me into something?
if its not a court order then you're under no obligation to do anything. If they send you something and ask you to sign it do not sign it. They are probably trying to make you admit guilt and responsibility for the damage done to the vehicle so they can more easily force you to pay for the damages.

in truth it is probably your legal responsibility to pay for the damages and they will probably sue you in small claims court to recover the money it cost them to fix their car.
>>
>>18644717
I borrowed the car, my friend apparently let his insurance lapse on it so his insurance obviously won't cover their damage.

Lawyer says the insurance of the people I hit will pay for the damage if I confirm I didn't have insurance at all. He says if I do not sign the affidavit then the guy I hit and his insurance (geico) will open claims against me.

>>18644720
I already took responsibility on the police report. I even offered to pay for everything before they called the cops but then they insisted on calling them anyway and I had to pay 450 dollars in tickets. This was six months ago I can't believe I still have to deal with it.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.