[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ex-NEET here: besides wearing earings, painting my nails and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: img_5547.jpg (48KB, 480x720px) Image search: [Google]
img_5547.jpg
48KB, 480x720px
Ex-NEET here: besides wearing earings, painting my nails and doing my eyebrows what should I do to make me look "tidy", like I "care" and like someone you wouldn't treat like trash? These three things aren't enough it seems.
>>
>>18644270
Don't be fat.
>>
>>18644273
Easy. What else?
>>
Don't wear stained clothing
Don't smell bad

That and everything else mentioned is more or less it
>>
>>18644270
You should be at least pretty.
>>
>>18644270
You just have to be clean and healthy, why show people that you "care"?
Everybody just looks at themself anyway, find what fits you, wear it, done.

I think stuff like how you talk is way more important on first impressions.
>>
>>18644270
light make up is necessary, also shaving (during spring and summer show some of those legs, guys do care about that), keep hair in order and dress sober
pretty easy, maybe will take a bit to adjust if you never did it
>>
>>18644314
There are girls ugly as I am being treated more nicely than me. I don't know if I'm somehow repulsive to men or if people can detect autism from distance.

>>18644334
Everyone cares about how society perceives them and you are expected to care too. The guy who bites his nails is oblivious to it, the guy who shaves everyday is not. It's important to show you care.
>how you talk
Any tips?

>>18644348
Thanks. What do you mean by "dress sober"?
>light make up
>necessary
Wow. Okay. I don't think using foundation everyday is a good thing. I also don't look good with eyeliner.
>>
>>18644270
Clean. Not too greasy, not too smelly, not too sweaty.
Face revealed (not hidden in hair), upright stature, not afraid to look people straight in the eye.
Confident step (at least a little bit). Doesn't immediately shoo away small talk (this means: is at least polite enough to excuse themself from an undesired small talk).

Make-up depends on the occasion.

For casual going out it has the opposite effect of making me think you let yourself be treated like a trash, and that you "care" too much (about what others think).
You're supposed to be at your most comfortable, and if wearing make-up casually makes you feel more comfortable then that's small red flag for me.

But don't be too alarmed - in most circumstances: date, party, work (if human interaction related) and more - make-up is perfectly fine and even expected.
That being said it may probably be better nowadays to always wear make-up, since it's worse to not wear it when you're supposed to than to do when you ain't.
>>
>>18644403
I don't use any make up. Only sunscreen.
I also don't think people think I care too much. They may think I care too little. My brother said once I look messy/unkept (not trashy) and that's awful for a girl. I want to know how to groom myself as one.
>>
>>18644442
How old are you OP?
If you are naturally pretty and youthful/fresh looking, you have clear skin and symmetrical features, you can drop make up. Make sure that your hair is healthy and shiny, and keep it neat.
>>
>>18644446
I'm 21. I started college last year. That's the thing I'm not pretty nor young, I need to compensate.
>>
>>18644458
>not pretty nor young
>won't wear make up
It's up to you. I know many average girls who don't wear make up and dress carefree and nobody treats them like trash. Maybe the problem is with your character. You might have character traits which cause animosity and distrust, or body language that is either too aggressive or too submissive. Obviously I don't know you in real life so I can't tell. You sound rather apathetic and not very warm on here, but it's just how some people come across online, it doesn't have to mean anything.
>>
>>18644378
I guess, but what I was trying to say is that there are no written rules. Some people will think that a beard looks unclean, even when you put work into it, while at other times it might help you look better because it hides parts of your face etc.

How you dress is up to you, it's highly subjective.

For example, I can't stand make-up because it reminds me of how powdery the face must be, and I actually like seeing natural texture of skin, even if it has some flaws. I can understand it if people have really bad skin though.

Some people might think you do care if you put on make-up while people like me will find it annoying even if you hide it properly.

My girlfriend doesn't have/do all of which you mentioned, and she is still very clean and looks natural, and I wouldn't have liked it if she did wear make-up, for example.
It's not that important though, like I said, how you speak and what you talk about is far more important.

As for advice, I think the best would be to figure out what person you are, how to make the best out of you (following your opinion), like polishing a gem, and then just talk as the person you are.

When I was going through puberty I kind of stopped caring at school and suddenly people paid attention to me.
Of course you shouldn't stop caring just because you want attention and some people will not like it and it won't work anywhere.

What's important is that I started being honest.
When I was sleepy because I didn't get a lot of sleep I just laid on my table, I didn't try to hide it, some people might think it comes off as anti-social, for example.
And people actually liked that change of climate, I guess they wanted to be honest too, so a lot of classmates talked to me.

Try and do what you want, wear what you like, as long as you like it somebody else could like it too. It's for the best interests of everyone.
It's annoying when people tell you that you're cute for the wrong reasons.
>>
>>18644470
>apathetic/not very warm
I was thinking you sound a bit harsh.
>you won't (do something I asked advice for a few posts ago: make up)
>the problem is your character (my moral and mental qualities)
But it's 4chan after all, only /cgl/ is a bit kinder (and also passive aggressive) because they're mainly femanons. Perhaps I should be more sweet since it was established I'm a girl? I'm considering the way I talk to people. Thanks for your advice.
>>
>>18644519
I understand what you're saying but I don't think being honest and just myself is not enough for me to not be rejected socially by my peers. I don't have this social strength you apparently have. There's something else, perhaps it is exactly how I talk and the way I truly am. I starting to think I should fake my personality.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.