[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I learn normal facial expressions? I look quite good on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: not so smug now are we2.png (73KB, 454x453px) Image search: [Google]
not so smug now are we2.png
73KB, 454x453px
How do I learn normal facial expressions? I look quite good on selfies and videos I take of myself, but I watched a video from a wedding I attended and I made those horrible faces, toothless smiles, and had my mouth open too often because I have a deviated septum, did too much snuff and had trouble breathing nasally that night.

I found it's worse when I drink alcohol. I always control my behaviour while drinking but not necessarily my facial expressions/posture. I also have this weird forward neck posture where my back is completely straight and only my head sticks forward, kinda looks like I'm constantly checking out stuff on the ground.
>>
Do a presentation looking at the mirror.
>>
>>18644401
It doesn't work looking at the mirror as you have immediate feedback that you don't have in real life. Maybe I'll practice recording myself though, but it still ends up different in actual social situations.
>>
>>18644153
Anon do you have any jaw occlusion problems? Overbite/recessed jaw?
Weird expressions can be caused by overbite/jaw recession. Wrinkles forming in certain places and shapes on the face contribute to weird gummy smiles and stuff too, and those wrinkles can be related to an improperly developed lower jaw.
>>
File: 4.jpg (201KB, 1260x915px) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
201KB, 1260x915px
>>18644444
I don't know, you tell me. Sometimes I think I do. Left is neutral position, right's when I smile and tilt my head down. It actually looked worse on that video, like I smiled with open mouth but without showing teeth. I have braces so it kinda fucks with my lips, they need to roll over the braces to go up so I hope it'll get better once I take them off.

I do have those nasolabial folds and under eye lines. Do you think I should ask my orthodontist if he thinks my jaws are retruded? They have access to jaw x-rays and stuff.
>>
I recently found out my jaw is slighty recessed because of mouth breathing. I'm wearing braces too. I recently started myofunctional therapyand I hope it'll help. Check it out, Anon!
>>
>>18644528
Do you think my jaw is recessed?
>>
>>18644491
Well it looks like your bottom lip is shorter than your top, just like mine but your jaw is great in that your chin doesn't look recessed. Mine kind of disappearsw when I look down like on the right side and I think I normally jut my head a lot more forward than you. I have to consciously pull it back and I have less of a jaw than you.

How old are you btw? And what kind of food do you eat?
>I do have those nasolabial folds and under eye lines. Do you think I should ask my orthodontist if he thinks my jaws are retruded? They have access to jaw x-rays and stuff.

You could def try yeah. I think aesthicians are the ones you see for a strict opinion on your facial structure from an appearance POV, doctors are more likely to just say you're fine. Dentists are worth checking out though.

You have braces so I imagine you have some overbite?

I can't really find solid proof from just googling but it seems a shorter bottom lip than top is usually related to overbite and overbite usually means some jaw recession.

I have to pull my bottom teeth forward to look similar to your jaw in the left image.

Your head posture looks fine in the left pic except you're sitting down. Can you post a pic if you standing up straight with proper head and body posture?
I think you actually have spectacular everything
>>
File: aa.png (2MB, 1443x845px) Image search: [Google]
aa.png
2MB, 1443x845px
>>18644655
I did have some overbite, I believe it's corrected at this point (1.5 year in braces). I'm 24. Eat pretty much everything as I live with 2 people and all of us cook, and sometimes I eat out. I like nuts but haven't eaten them in a while, they pose a lot of trouble with braces. I think I might get some hard gum to train the chewing muscles.
I could post a pic but it's one thing when I consciously maintain a proper posture and another when I'm out and about dancing after a few drinks. It's kinda like pic related except here I was leaning over a mic. Straight back but head tilted forward. I've had this problem for over 5 years and just recently discovered I'm doing this again. Probably need to consciously withdraw my head towards the neck/chest.
also thanks
>>
>>18644680
Well, from the pics you don't look like you have any jaw problems at least the degree I do.
Do you spend a lot of time at the computer? You might just be like me, and your body's just used to looking down a lot. I have to constantly catch my self and correct my back and head posture.

Your upper back looks like it might be rolled a bit forward though.

Try comparing your posture to these:
http://fixtheneck.com/images/UpperBody4postures.jpg
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/4c/5e/10/4c5e10367c51b97e8eb07a1a02fefe29.jpg
https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Ig-cWitezhM/UTeaZnsOZ2I/AAAAAAAASOM/VR8zyoxuDz8/s1600/sant%C3%A9+posture+gp5.jpg
https://image.slidesharecdn.com/busscom-150831170149-lva1-app6891/95/business-communication-body-language-6-638.jpg?cb=1441040605
http://flexfreeclinic.com/assets/temp/artikel/postur-tubuhllvdzxuo8e.png

Remember that most people don't have good posture though. My "natural" posture has rolled shoulders, spine, hips, and a forward tilted neck and I have to look in a mirror daily to correct myself, and it "feels" like effort to stay in good posture.
>>
>>18644491
>>18644680
I think you don't have any problems. Even with good posture your jawline is still sharp, mine disappears or gets visibly pudgy when I turn my head, where the skin bunches up.

How does your jawline look from weird positions? Like with your head turned or sunk in a little.
I guess try looking in the mirror, move your head around and see how much your jaw disappears if at all.
>>
>>18644734
>Do you spend a lot of time at the computer?
I definitely do. I dunno if I have rolled shoulders, but I certainly do the forward head thing and probably have an anterior pelvic tilt. I haven't done any sports apart from some occasional bodyweight exercises since I quit kickboxing 1.5 a year ago so I guess it contributes, but I'm signing up for a gym tomorrow.
>>
>>18644857
Would it be too much to ask for a body pic? Shirtless if you're okay with that to estimate bodyfat. IDK anon, judging from your pics, overall posture and everything considered you look like a totally normally developed healthy adult. I bet you're in the 15% BF range too.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.