[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you do if your supporting parent keeps threating their

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_2244.jpg (380KB, 1600x1329px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2244.jpg
380KB, 1600x1329px
What do you do if your supporting parent keeps threating their support?

I go fulltime to college in california. I have a part time job, but most of the time i get by off of my dads support and financial aid.

The thing is, he constantly shoves it in my face that i need his support. I don't live in a luxurous house, i live in a shitty 1 bedroom for 1400 a month, 700 split between me and my dad.

Today he threatened me while drunk that he would kick me out. And cut off all support.

My question is, is it worth it to just struggle on my own, i would have to quit college and get a full time job so i can even afford a shitty apartment and food.

Is it even worth it?
>>
>>18642491
No.

Put up with your dad's shit until you graduate and then leave unceremoniously.

Unless you have a definite exit strategy it isn't worth it to start shit, especially with your semester starting right now and living in a state with an atrocious cost of living.
>>
>>18642495

What if I can't put up with it? I technically have an exit strategy, it just involves me quitting school and taking an offer for a fulltime job. I would technically be homeless and I wouldnt have a vehicle, but regardless, my dad is an obnoxious bitter asshole, i dont know how much more I can take before I consider suicide an option.
>>
>>18642518
If you cant then you cant, end of story.

But if you can take it then save your hate for when you are free to express it, if that is your inclination.
>>
>>18642527
So either way I suffer?
>>
>>18642518
That's not an exit strategy unless you just wanted to quit school, to begin with.

Maybe you should start bantz back at your dad? Have you tried that before?
>>
>>18642531
Well if thats what it is, thats what it is and youre wasting your time asking for help because you cant fix it. But, im saying if you make it through you can express your pent up anger later on.
>>
>>18642518
So basically you want us to tell you to leave.
>>
>>18642534

I have tried, it only ends in yelling and me being hurt.

The thing is My dad was in the army and porder patrol then got ptsd from being an undercover cop from killing a few people for work, and having to deal with the mexican drug cartels. And my mom left him because he changed from being normal to a angry bitter man apparently

So he gets drunk often and starts talking about how much he's in pain, but he refuses any type of treatment or therapy.

Maybe this makes me a pussy for not putting up with it, but damn. You gotta just know him, and you'll see what I mean
>>
>>18642556
No I just don't know if its worth it, so far I'm leaning towards putting up with it.
>>
>>18642557
Well. Just put up with it and be understanding. I know it is tough and that is a very sad situation brought about by the path your father has taken in the world.

it isn't right that he takes it out on you; his son, but I mean to say that it is just his inability to deal with whatever he is dealing with.

If you can, just make yourself scarce at the home and finish school then get out.
>>
>>18642491
You take his money, you take his shit.

You don't want his shit, stop taking his money.
>>
>>18642491
I know exactly what you're thinking and you need to quit being a selfish little prick. If you're going to school ol and living on someone else's dime then what the FUCK are you doing wasting time and money getting shitfaced for? No wonder your dad is pissed, his kid is a reckless idiot. Get your shit together you little snot or you'll be living in that shitty apartment for the rest of your life.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.