[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>mfw graduating very soon >IT major >didn't learn

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

>mfw graduating very soon
>IT major
>didn't learn shit about programming
>can only code a hello world program on either c++ and java
>got by copying other people's work

What am I going to do with my life after I graduate?
>>
get a job at a non-tech fortune 500 company and realize that you're overqualified
>>
>>18642349
?????????? nobody gets an "IT" degree to program, you get it for troubleshooting and other tech janitor work.
also what kind of retard pays for a degree and doesn't even attempt to learn the material you're taught? why did you waste your time and money? you should have just gotten a job at mcdonalds or gone to technical school.
>>
>>18642372
I didn't think things out. And by the time I knew IT wasn't for me, I was too far in to change majors. So what should I do after graduating? What's troubleshooting and tech janitor work basically?
>>
just work it at a corporation. comfy job. comfy money. use the money to travel and fuck bitches
>>
learn to program while you're NEET after school
>>
>>18642400
which will take how long? And what do you actually in a programming job? You can't seriously be coding new stuff everyday.
>>
>>18642385
You're never too far in to change majors. Talk to an advisor and have them see which credits can be used for another one.
>>
>>18642405
one group pumps out spaghetti code and another fixes it.
>>
>>18642405

the IT guys at work do program very often because every new project needs several new lines of code.

They also help solving problems when the system and they need to fix some lines of code too.

Also they format pc, make backup and buy hardware and software.
>>
>>18643172
Chunp
>>
>>18643713
pnuhC
>>
>>18642349
You know, all things considered, it might actually have been a good idea to pay attention in class after all.

Well, it's all there in the textbooks you didn't read, and just maybe some of what went on in class filtered into your brain without you realizing it. So some hefty cramming to try to learn in a few weeks what you were supposed to be learning in four years might be fruitful.
>>
>>18642406
>be me
>3 years into graphic design
>realize I don't like graphic design
>loans are piling up
>can't change majors or I'll be stuck here another 4 years
>>18642349
Be like everyone on the food network. Graduate, and then immediately open up a restaurant or food truck because secretly it's your "true passion."
>>
>>18644312
This
>>
>>18642349
Do you at least know the theory? You could try to go for a PHD, and get a university employment. On a comp sci major myself, currently. Trust me, you don't need to be able to code to work in education or research.
>>
buckle up op. i did the same thing except I got a comp sci degree instead of a IT degree

my suggestion is to apply to jobs that dont directly involve comp sci shit like
>data analyst
>software trainer
>UX design

i dont know either though, ive been unemployed for 3 months and haven't gotten a single call or email back.

we're fucked op. i'm getting a job at starbucks. stop by i'll make you a frappe
>>
>>18645353
Sounds fun :)
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.