[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> Gf tells me traffic is awful and she has been stuck in it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1501816320382.png (449KB, 657x699px) Image search: [Google]
1501816320382.png
449KB, 657x699px
> Gf tells me traffic is awful and she has been stuck in it for a while
> I know she has a bad habit of worrying so I assure her things are going to be fine and attempt to transition to another subject. Stressing really takes a toll on her and of course I don't want that to happen.
> Literally no matter what I say she ignores anything positive and goes back to stressing about her situation. This conversation has been going on for some time now.
> I get a little annoyed and she gets upset with me
> I apologize and she responds with telling me what I said was stupid (when the only things left to say were either "sucks to be you", nothing, or panic with her)
Everything got cleared up soon afterwards. But was I in the wrong here?
>>
>>18641432
it's only human to feel annoyed when someone doesn't listen to you, so not really. on the other hand, everyone knows you need to be very delicate when people are stressed out/anxious, so you should know not to do that in the future.
>>
Don't ever apologize to a woman.
>>
>>18641432
You weren't, but she wasn't either. You were both annoyed in some manner. It was all cleared up so don't even ponder this too much considering it was over traffic of all things.
>>
>>18641432
Nobody's really right or wrong in most arguments.

Your gf was in traffic, which made her worry that she was going to be late to something she really didn't want to be late for. She comes to you to talk about her problems, you try to comfort her, but she might've only seen it as you trying to tell her she shouldn't be upset. Which, in her mind, she should clearly be upset because she might be late for that important thing.

I get that whenever your partner's freaking out, it can be tempting to try and fix it or stop them from freaking out, but sometimes that just makes your partner feel like you're talking more to the problem than to her. She might've been looking for more empathy, where you put yourself in her shoes and imagine how you would feel if you were stuck in traffic when something urgent and important was going down.

tldr She's not really wrong for freaking out, you're not really wrong for comforting her in a way she didn't like. You're both just learning how to be with each other and communicate
>>
It doesn't make any difference about who was right, this doesn't even seem like much of a deal.

In case it's really a big problem between you two, tell her it is hard for you to tune into this kind of feeling and that you don't know how to respond to her behavior in these situations. And she should know that you're trying hard to move the focus away from the stress, but it's not easy for you to "fake a feeling" to comfort her. Maybe ask her how you could've responded better in certain occasions.
>>
>>18641464
>this doesn't even seem like much of a deal
Just asking so I can handle it better next time. One should strive towards making improvements, right?
>>
>>18641473
Oh yea sure, definitely!

Since it's kind of related; when I got together with my last girlfriend, she would always be very anxious about seemingly meaningless things and never really knew how to respond either. Then later on, we were grabbing a coffee with one of her friends. They both sort of were each other's go-to address for this kind of venting. I listened to them talk and it really was a bit like >>18641463 described. Instead of offering a solution, sometimes it's really better to go the other direction and agree that, yes indeed, wow their situation really is shitty, etc.
>>
>>18641506
>Instead of offering a solution, sometimes it's really better to go the other direction and agree that, yes indeed, wow their situation really is shitty, etc.
Yeah. I'm definitely more solution-oriented in terms of thinking.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.