[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the fuck do I quit playing vidya for good? Ever since I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: 1488048043563.jpg (13KB, 414x415px) Image search: [Google]
1488048043563.jpg
13KB, 414x415px
How the fuck do I quit playing vidya for good?

Ever since I can remember I've wasted my time on this bullshit. I don't legitimately care about anything else. When I'm at work I just want to get home and the only thing I do at home is play video games. I nearly failed highschool like 2 times just because it deterred me from doing homework, and I wouldn't have passed had it not been for my parents threatening to kick me out. I think it's the main reason why I've never really had any long-standing relationships with anyone outside of my family, and I don't even mean that as in girlfriends or whatever, just absolutely no friends at all other than the guys I played video games with.

People tell me just to get no hobbies but it's never that easy. What else would I do? Read? Nigga that shits boring. Watch TV/Movies? That's literally just the same thing with a different paint job. This is probably just some form of addiction to stimulation or whatever which will go away with detox but you get my point.

Any suggestions?
>>
>>18640789
What do you want to achieve in life?

If you are able to pay bills and all you want is to play games, i see 0 reason to try force yourself to not play them. Just make sure you arent morbidly obese and have a shower from time to time and clean clothes when you go to job.

In time you will grow bored of it and decide for yourself what to do with your life. No need to hurry. And now the real question:
>what games do you play?
>>
I'm not sure how useful this will be to you, but a big motivator for me to do work and stay away from the vidya is to listen to music. Once I start, I keep going for hours and forget about everything else. I guess it acts as a distraction from the distraction.

Maybe you could do the same. Find something you enjoy doing more than playing, something that focuses you on what is important. I'm just about the same as you right now and it is difficult to stop wasting time as much as I currently do.

I hope this helps, anon.
>>
I recently quit vidya permanently so I'm in a similar situation.

T b h I think unless you have sincere feelings about quitting and don't have thoughts similar to "I know it's bad but I love playing them so much" then I don't think you'll be able to quit.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.