[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you respond to rumors? I am already 24. I had a best

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: download (2).jpg (43KB, 358x358px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
43KB, 358x358px
How do you respond to rumors?

I am already 24. I had a best friend in high school who completely stopped talking to me when I was 20. We both went through a very short period of using ecstasy after high school, when we were only 18. There was a slow decline of responses from her. I tried to reach out a few times, I got ignored. She still talked to all our mutuals.

So, now, I found out that my ex best friend cut me out because she still thought I was on drugs. To this day, she still thinks I am a druggie. I recently started to occasionally work with her mom, and her mom is quite the loudmouthed lady. She interrogated me about if I am staying in school, about using drugs and staying out of trouble. No doubt my friend told her about thinking I am on drugs..

I am so hurt, I turned my life around. I am working on my Bachelor's. I live by myself. My friend isn't even one to talk? She was doing drugs right a long with me for the same amount of time I was?

I feel like I deserve the right to clear my name, but someone walking around with this false information and how fast word travels, it could completely ruin me trying to move up in the company with her loudmouth mother thinking I am bad. Do I ignore it? Do I reach out to the ex friend? What would even make her believe me?

What do?
>>
File: 1503204041471.gif (2MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1503204041471.gif
2MB, 400x300px
Nah fuck em. You ain't doing drugs and you know it. If everyone is still listening to a highschool rumor than to you they are shitty people and faggots.

My advice: find new friends. Start fresh. They would rather believe a lie than you so fuck them.
>>
"You can be the ripest, juiciest peach in the world, and there will still be someone who is allergic to peaches"

You can't make everyone like you. Old people always think they're right, so you can't change anything.

Honestly, I would either move on and stop caring, or, try to get close to her and subtly mention about how your life has gone over the past few years.

"Oh I'm doing my bachelor now, yeah haha I guess it is a little late, I was in a rough spot back in highschool but I thank jesus christ that he pulled me out of it and thats a part i dont look back on"

come across as a born again christian, religious people love that shit
>>
>>18640524
Let it go, you hysterical obsessive faggot.
>>
Same fag here. I used to have a similar situation. People used to stereotype me because I was fat, played video games, and had long hair.

Everyone thought I was a stoner and high all the time, but I was actually a straight edge. You just kind of ignore those fucks because they're stupid as shit.
>>
>>18640524
>I care what someone I cut ties with and their mother thinks
Oh dear.
>>
>>18640524
This is the part where you shut the hell up since every single thing you'd think will help you will backfire or nobody will listen to.

Adopt "fuck it" attitude when it's false. Rumor/gossips can't be stopped after all, let them think what they want as long as you did nothing they accused you of.

Only respond if they confronted you upfront, and ask them to prove their accusations first, never be the first oneto present evidence no matter how true they are.
If it's false accusations, they shouldn't be able to provide concrete evidence and you'd use it to humiliate them back and win crowds in your favor.
>>
>>18640556
when she is in a higher position than me at work, yea I care.

>>18640541
Yea, I do have some new friends. I have some mutual friends with her that I still talk to. They know I don't do drugs, but it's not the same really.

>>18640542
That is true, I didn't want to go out screaming, "I am not a druggie!!" I kinda wanted to attempt to talk to my ex friend. But she doesn't even respond to me, so whatever I guess.
>>
>>18640587
>in a higher position than me at work
While you study, it's not your career. She can't fire you just because her daughter who did drugs says you did drugs.
If it is an issue, get drugs tested, but making a big deal of it will only get more people involved.
>>
>>18640587
>she doesn't even respond to me, so whatever I guess.
Then fuck that THOT. Not literally, but you get the idea. If someone respects you so little that they don't reply to you why should you respect them?

Move on man.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.