[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be invited to a group dinner >pretty much everyone brings

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: 1398354228804.jpg (42KB, 315x379px) Image search: [Google]
1398354228804.jpg
42KB, 315x379px
>be invited to a group dinner
>pretty much everyone brings their significant others with them (except for me of course)
>meet a few new people including one girl
>we all sit at a large table and the girl actually decides to sit right by my side, a bit away from her friends actually
>chats me up and introduces herself
>my autism shows and I just awkwardly talk to her a bit before the conversation dies down
>feel like shit because a nice girl talked to me and I couldn't even do shit
>fast forward a few months
>come to a new work and there is a dinner/party with coworkers
>by some coincidence she's there too because she works there
>before the party there's some discussion panel and she again sits right by me
>the dinner happens in a different place, and again, she sits by me
>later we get around to talking again, no autism this time because alcohol, even get a little away from the place to talk in a more silent area
>there's a dance which goes around the room and picks people up to connect to it so that it forms a sort of a snake (hard to explain)
>the "snake" comes round my way to pick me up so I just join and am immediately directed not to the end of it (as it should be) but behind THE girl
>later on we talk more and it's cool but notice what looks like an engagement ring on her finger
>immediately any bit of hope inside me dies
What are the chances this was not an engagement ring and just some random piece of jewellery? She seemed like such a nice girl.
>>
>>18640349
you have to be more proactive man, you're waiting for get lucky
>>
>>18640364
What the hell does that even mean, anon?
>>
wait are you sure she didn't have a ring on a few months earlier?
Also some girls just wear rings to scare off creeps (probably at her workplace?)
>>
>>18640502
I don't know I didn't look. I just randomly noticed it.
>>
File: 75757557675858.jpg (9KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
75757557675858.jpg
9KB, 225x225px
Just don't be a fucking pussy and instead of overthinking it just ask her out
A) She's engaged/taken and declines
B) She doesn't really like you in that way
C) You find a new friend/girlfriend
>>
>>18640532
I'm afraid I'm too much of an autist to do anything if I don't have 100% confidence the girl likes me. I was burned on this once and I just can't do it again, not if we work together.
>>
>>18640553
You will never, ever have 100% confidence about what any other human being likes or wants. You just wont, that's not how reality is. You have to take risks and try things that have the possibility of failure. This is called having courage, being a man, etc.
>>
>>18640553
>>18640568
this,
her engagement ring is just an excuse to not do anything. Being turned down and sucking it up is just a part of being a human male, take it or leave it and cry yourself to sleep
>>
>18640553
Take risks and you will fail, maybe a lot. It sucks. But you are strong enough that you can move forward and use your experience to fail less. And then with that sometimes you'll be successful, and that will feel really good and be really good for you.
>>
>>18640568
>>18640578
>>18640579
It all seems so easy for you guys, but I bet none of you would have tried it.
>>
>>18640770
It's not fucking easy,but if you want to have a partner then you need to clench your fists and risk rejection which sucks, she won't start humping your leg to show you that she's interested.And I told you already, you can do nothing but you get and deserve shit in this case and have only yourself to blame. You can always start posting on /r9k/ to call her a bitch if you want, so hey, you have robots to validate you at the very least.
>waaah fuck you you wouldn't do it irl
I did, two bitches looked at me like I was dirt and yet I live. fuck'em
>>
>>18640815
Yeah well you know, I guess I don't want to force anything. The harder I try the worse it gets, every single time. I don't feel like getting a gf by looking hard for one. It just doesn't work for me. And this girl is mostly likely engaged unfortunately.
>>
>>18640770
I'd have asked her if she wanted to grab something to drink with me end of next week. She won't act more obvious than she already did.
>>
>>18640828
If you say so, I'm not going to analyze you like some pseud psychologist, but from what you've said here I think that you want her but you are both insecure of acting like an autist and afraid of rejection/being mocked for trying. and the "engagement ring" doesn't really mean shit as in >>18640532
No matter of trying "hard" or "lightly" you will have to TRY if you want to find someone.

Anyways, I'm just rambling and repeating myself at this point, best of luck anon. I Hope that you'll be happy
>>
File: 1503187444099.jpg (418KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1503187444099.jpg
418KB, 1920x1200px
If you waited this long you might as well just move on.

Making a move is very hard because you'll potentially make things weird and lose all access to this person which makes you want to walk on eggshells and get in your own way.

Its not about being strong initially more so its about building strength by putting yourself in those situations over and over again (1000 nos = 1 yes). The more people you ask out the more you'll realize you have nothing to lose but someone who didn't like you like that anyway.

If youre autismo is bad I would recommend performing or doing stand up comedy. Getting chuckles will improve your confidence and bombing on stage will toughen you up.
>>
>>18640838
>I'd have asked her if she wanted to grab something to drink with me end of next week. She won't act more obvious than she already did.
But then there's the ring. I just don't get that. On one hand she acts interested but on the other, there's the ring.

>>18640861
Believe me I tried a number of times and I just don't feel like failing again. Just not this time. I'd like a relationship but I also want a healthy workplace and since we work together, unless I'm 100% confident I at least have a chance, I won't do it.
>>
File: 1480629864613.jpg (197KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1480629864613.jpg
197KB, 800x600px
>>18640948
Can't you ask one of your coworkers about it as a small talk topic? It's pretty easy to find out if it bothers you that much.
>>
Just fucking ask. Say
"Oh congratulations when did you get engaged?" Or "what a nice engagement ring" shell either go on about her engagement or shell tell you it's something else.
>>
File: 1378385724821.png (107KB, 320x287px) Image search: [Google]
1378385724821.png
107KB, 320x287px
>>18641380
>"Oh congratulations when did you get engaged?" Or "what a nice engagement ring" shell either go on about her engagement or shell tell you it's something else.
Ah fuck that's actually smart and I'd totally do that had I thought of it at the party. God damn it.
>>
>>18641409
It's okay, I wouldn't have either. I probably would have been too butthurt to see it too even care to ask.
>>
>>18641380

damn this is to smart
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.