[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the fuck do I socialize without alcohol? >22 >gets

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_2713.jpg (251KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2713.jpg
251KB, 1280x960px
How the fuck do I socialize without alcohol?

>22
>gets red as fuck from 1 beer/shot
>powered through it for 3 years
>sick of getting nausea, pounding head, bloodshot eyes, rashes
>used pepcid ac occasionally to reduce effects
>tries to be more health conscious
>tired of drinking when body is obviously reacting horribly
>having fun at 22 = drinking
>even relatives push to drink
>bout to punch homeless man in face cause of curse

Seriously..what the fuck do I do. In my off time Im studying, working out, or browsing the internet. I'm done with fucking up my body just because people cant seem to accept that I fucking hate drinking.

Pic related: my ass
>>
>>18639281

>can't seem to accept

what do you mean by this? do they kill you? do they force it down your throat? do they literally stop responding to you when you try to set up future plans? if so just meet new people. seriously, you're throwing this out of proportion. my best friend has only ever had champagne once in his life. he socializes just fine, even at bars. people question it, but once they realize he isn't judging them they don't care.

i drink here and thereb ut cant much because I was in a car crash and now when i drink i get sick way too easy. people ask questions, and then its right back to normal.

and as a result we also just have each other when we do feel the pressure is a little strong. there are plenty of people in every community who dont drink or dont mind having you over when they are drinking.
>>
also, nice ass, would fuck.
>>
>>18639296
By that I mean people keep asking why I don't drink after I've already told them. Maybe I am blowing it out of proportion..im just pissed right now cause I've been cooped up this entire month in a new city where I don't know anyone. Now I think about it..i used to be okay with being around my friends who would drink but now I can't stand it
>>
>>18639314

if someone repeats themselves you can just repeat your self or brush it off. if they're drinking chances are it wont weigh hea vy on their mind the next day and the friendship wont be affected.

but like anything, there is a burden. you get to whine about this, sluts get to whine about being single, girls in relationships get to whine about how they miss sleeping around. no matter what you do there is some sort of burden. this ones yours. deal with it and keep doing what you like.

seriously though post more booty pics
>>
>>18639324
Yeah but I didnt choose for my body to react terribly with booze..I'll choose to place mysef in social situations cause its human nature. When social interaction revolves so heavily around alcohol It's just not enjoyable...
>>
>>18639337

i honestly disagree wtih the notion that it revolves heavily around alcohol. Again, i dont really drink my self, and i manage to have a good time, and thats without going to bars. there is so much to do, and most of it does not require alcohol, and there are plenty of people who dont revolve their lives around alcohol. maybe YOU need to expand your horizons and get some perspective on this.
>>
>>18639281
As a 23 year old who used to drink insane amounts of alcohol I can promise you that you don't need alcohol to have fun at 22. Get a hobby dude. Find something that makes you happy and do it. If alcohol is literally the only way you can relate to people around you and enjoy yourself then you have a problem and you should be seeking professional help.
>>
>>18639340
True..what do you do for fun if you don't mind me asking? Honestly I would love it if I had friends that loved working out as much as I do..that would be a game changer but nope they all thoroughly enjoy the party scene
>>
>>18639342
Its not that I feel its the only way...but its just so prevalent...i have a few hobbies but the people I tend to click with are social drinkers
>>
>>18639352

i do all sorts. im very productive / project based. most of my friends are people who are also project based, when we meet its often to work on a project. i just spent the last month filming a movie with some of my best friends. outside of those two I have more casual friends who i work with on smaller projects, we mostly help each other work through our writing issues and planning issues and help set up each others projects so we can each handle our own individually.

when NOT doing project based stuff we like to go out ot eat a LOT, were foodies. Then outside of that we go to the beach here and there, depends on the weather, but i lovej ust walking the beach even at night. its nice. we take small trips to santa barbara to escape the city.

I'm also a nudist and host nudist game nights and things like that. I play video games here and thereb ut only with friends or nudists. really into board games but havent played in a long time so im buying a bunch of new ones and starting up my board game meetings.

once in a while we do something more weird like play lasertag or whatevers trending in the city and the like.
>>
>>18639359
If only I could meet people who live like you...
>>
>>18639390

well do you make any projectS? cuz otherwise its kinda hard. even when i do meet someone outside of a project i dont bond well. im a little TOO project oriented, not much else matters. all those other things i do tend to be with other project based people to cool off inbetween projects.

but we exist all over the world. you COULD meet people who live like me, you just gotta go do stuff instead of insisting that alcohol is the only thing people care about.
>>
File: MVI_9965_00321.png (588KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
MVI_9965_00321.png
588KB, 1920x1080px
>>18639390

movie stills incoming btw
>>
File: MVI_1653_1_00874.png (330KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
MVI_1653_1_00874.png
330KB, 1920x1080px
>>18639390
>>
File: MVI_2190_00071.png (387KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
MVI_2190_00071.png
387KB, 1920x1080px
>>18639396
>>
File: MVI_2212_00348.png (555KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
MVI_2212_00348.png
555KB, 1920x1080px
>>18639397
>>
>>18639393
Not project oriented..currently in a transitional period. Ill keep that in mind though..
>>
>>18639355
So make some different friends. It's not hard if you're not autistic. I did it.
>realized I had problem
>spoke to school counselor
>started going to a club that interested me
>went to free yoga meet up
>now have a friend to hang out with every day of the week that doesn't require me to be drunk for
>have money in my pocket
>face doesn't look greasy/disgusting
>eyes don't droop anymore
>nose doesn't look red/swollen anymore
>>
File: whynot heater_00000.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
whynot heater_00000.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>18639398
>>
>>18639399

its okay. you dont have to be project oriented either. but you gotta be something oriented. from what i can understand you havent been passionate about much other than working out and evne that sounds recent. without anything specific to focus on you arent going to have any friends that do anything other than go out to eat and well, drink.

there are other people who enjoy working out as much as you though, tal kto people at the gym, see what classes they take and what kind of things they do outside of the gym. many go on hikes and similar physical adventures.

my friends a fitness instructor and when hes not instructing hes usually running around the hills with friends just doing other exercise oriented things.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.