[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>live with GF in a not-so-nice area >neighbors recently

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5

File: 1501196967947.jpg (283KB, 1024x1365px) Image search: [Google]
1501196967947.jpg
283KB, 1024x1365px
>live with GF in a not-so-nice area
>neighbors recently had a break-in attempt; someone climbing into their balcony
>thinking about buying a gun
>gf probably wouldn't be okay with it; have asked her in past if she'd be interested in going to a shooting range with me, she wouldn't
>have hinted at idea of having gun in house, she's still obviously not on board

Well, what should I do? Worst case scenario, she straight-up says no. And I don't feel safe without a gun in house. What then? And yes, we can move but that's not something you can do immediately and easily
>>
Get window bars wgile you work on changing her mind about it, or move away to a safer place.
>>
>I don't feel safe without a gun in the house
This is the part where I question your manhood and point out that there's plenty of ways to defend yourself than with a gun you're more likely to get drunk and accidentally kill your girlfriend with than actually ever use against a burglar.
>>
>>18639165
Get a gun and don't tell her about it.
>>
>>18639344
>This is the part where I question your manhood and point out that there's plenty of ways to defend yourself than with a gun you're more likely to get drunk and accidentally kill your girlfriend with than actually ever use against a burglar.
Yeah, and then someone breaks into your house with a gun and you have to cower in a closet and wait for other people with guns to come and save you while the guy hopefully doesn't murder your retarded ass. And not everyone is a drunk hitting the sauce every night like you apparently are to even have to worry about something like that.
>>
>>18639344
Tell me how a """""real man"""" should defend himself from a group of home Invaders with guns
>>
Don't consider her opinion on this one. It doesn't matter at all what she thinks. Objectively it is infinitely safer for you to have a firearm and you have a duty as a man to protect her and yourself.

Tell her you bought a gun and that you intend to keep it for protection due to the break ins. Do NOT give in.
>>
>>18639391
>>18639484
>burglars committing petty theft
>somehow able to afford guns
>and a posse

Go away NRA, no one's buying your shit today.
>>
Cover the outside of your windows with cayenne pepper. Also if you live somewhere nice like Colorado, you have every right to go buy a shotgun at Walmart.Concealed carry is a different beast. But home protection is not hard, depending on where you live in the country. Look up your local laws and a shooting range and to hell with her!
>>
>>18639490
Enjoy priding yourself on being defenseless
>>
>>18639508
>implying I'm defenseless
You just keep sucking the gun lobby's cock till you feel safe babydoll.
>>
so... nobody is gonna address that this is a blatant bait thread? or is this normal for /adv/.
>>
>>18639165
FAR better to get solid and very visible locks on your windows and doors. Thieves are opportunists - they go for the quickest and easiest targets. If they can see from outside that your place will take time and effort to break into, they'll skip it. It's easier and safer for them to go next door.
>>
whats so hard, pick which ever is more important to you. It's not like you're married.
>>
>>18639513
>gun lobby
oh boy here we go
>>
>>18639165
buy a gun if you really care about her and your safety, especially if you live in such a bad neighborhood.

get either a semi auto handgun or an AR if you're looking for a good all purpose weapon. also look into defragmented ammunition if you're worried about collateral damage.

on that note try to avoid shotguns, those aren't very good for use inside

now ask yourself would you rather have your girlfriend kind of upset at you, or be robbed and assaulted by jamal?
>>
File: 1503222363185.jpg (85KB, 960x858px) Image search: [Google]
1503222363185.jpg
85KB, 960x858px
>>18639344
>>I don't feel safe without a gun in the house

>This is the part where I question your mannhood...

This response is idiotic. If you take the proper training a gun is no more dangerous that a hammer. It is reasonable to assume that a person climbing in your window will be armed. It's is wise to be armed too.
>>
File: 1502560089477.jpg (48KB, 351x445px) Image search: [Google]
1502560089477.jpg
48KB, 351x445px
I will add that society has taught women to
rely less on their man for protection and more on the state/cops. Tell her to not disrespect you by negating your role.
>>
>>18639165
By all means persuade her it's fine to have a gun. But it seems like you think that's some sort of fix-all solution... it isn't. There are a hundred more important security measures you should be taking before that.
>>
>>18639344
Holy shit that is the most slippery slope fucking thing I have ever read. Congratulations.
>>
>>18640324
Well it makes sense, usually when we let the cops take care of it everyone just gets arrested. When we let "men" take care of it someone is usually shot and killed.
>>
File: 1499042400911.jpg (75KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1499042400911.jpg
75KB, 1024x768px
>>18639165
Sit her down and tell her why you think it's essential to have a gun in the house. Don't get some big shotgun, just get a nice 22. pistol and to help her feel safe about it, put it in a gun safe and in a secure area. There's no threat if you do that and you can have a gun in your house.

There's a good chance she'll understand, I mean your neighbors literally just had a break-in-attempt, wanting to protect your spouse should be a virtue and you should let her know that.
>>
>>18640472
>Well it makes sense, usually when we let the cops take care of it everyone just gets arrested.

Because the Police catches every criminal?
>>
>>18640495
.22?
Do you just want to tickle the home intruder?
>>
>>18639165
MOVE

Guys this guy had this same thread up earlier today
>>
>>18639165
>Well, what should I do?
Move or look into other forms of security.
>b-b-but Anon even if you have CCTV, guard dogs, neighbourhood watch, a wall and a moat surrounding your house someone can still break in

Burglars are going to seek out easy targets, because they want the lowest risk possible.
On the cheap end of things, you can close your windows, be suspicious of anyone who shows up trying to sell things without any ID, not leaving goods on show, don't announce when you leave the house via facebook (holidays etc) and lock your door when you leave.
You could opt for more static things like like more locks, a heavier door, window bars.
You could opt for a burglar alarm system, cameras or a dog, if you are really worried.

On the gun topic, you either have it stored safely (and out of reach as you can't get it quick enough if someone boots your door in) or you have it to hand if you hear something and run the risk of an accident.

Source: I work in a prison, burglars talk a lot about what they do.
>>
>>18639344
>This is the part where I question your manhood
Why open your mouth at all if you're going to make it that easy to dismiss you?
>>
>>18639490

>thieves
>"affording" guns

Reason they call them thieves, fido.

>>18639488

This. Or just don't tell her. Not a problem in my household because I have 50+ guns and my girlfriend is also a certifiable gun nut. She shoots almost as good as I do, even does competitions.
>>
>>18640472

Which is the way it should be. You thieve, you die. Don't want to die? Don't be a fucking thief. Lucky I don't do like the old guys did and lynch your ass in the public square.

Oh, and OP, here's a trap:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evCkvvSAT-Y

Questionable legality but nobody has to know...
>>
>>18640424
This.
Holy shit you people are retarded.

I'm a /k/ommando with more ammo than dollars in my bank account, but I want to slap every other motherfucker in this thread.

The most effective deterrent is common fucking sense. Lock your doors and balcony and surprise, no one will just walk in.

If that's not enough for you to feel safe, build a fucking fence. If that's still not enough get jamb reinforcements or a security screen. If you're still not feeling safe, get a dog.

A gun isn't just something that automatically makes you safe after buying it.
Everyone in your household needs an understanding of gun safety, and you need knowledge and practice. Otherwise you're just gonna be more statistics fodder for liberal gun grabbers when you inevitably ND into your wife's foot and get counted in the "gun violence" statistics.
>>
>>18639165
Your house, your rules. Tell her to deal with it. You probably won't even use the gun.
>>
>>18640315
>a gun is no more dangerous that a hammer
I will admit ever since I took my concealed hammer carrying course I have stopped several purse thieves and bank robberies all with my trusty ballpeen
>>
>>18639344
>>18639490
>>18639513
You're just determined to be retarded, aren't you?
>>
>>18639490
How many times have you seen articles saying "2/3/4 men break into home and..."?

I mean, why risk it? Worst case scenario for someone who isn't retarded is that they have a small pistol that gathers dust in a draw. Would rather have a dusty pistol than a raped gf / wife.
>>
>>18640576
Yes, because I got two replies. If we could move right now, you think we wouldn't?

>>18640590
Cool! Any good stories?
>>
>>18639165
Buy it anyway?

She's your gf, not your boss. There's a lot of value in having a gun in the house. Safety, peace of mind, the ability to protect yourself.

She'll thank you when you're not lying dead next to her while Tyrone ties her down and rapes her.
>>
>>18640623
We live in an apartment so we can't get a dog, fence, window bars, etc. We're on the first floor so our balcony is accessible from the street. We always lock it, of course, but you never know
>>
>>18639165
Buy the gun, fucko. Get some training, too.
>I don't like guns
>'Do you like living?'
>>
>>18639344
Eurocuck detected
>>
>>18640544
>he thinks .22 isn't powerful enough for a person
>>
>>18639165

Get a gun and keep it locked up. Her fear or political stance on gun ownership should have no bearing on whether or not you purchase a gun for self defense. Buy it. When she finally realizes you're not budging and that she has no choice then maybe she'll break down and agree to learn to use it. Remind her that her anti-gun ideology isn't going to help her when someone breaks in the house and tries to hurt.
>>
>>18639165
Have you asked and tried to understand why she's not comfortable with you owning a gun?
>>
>>18639165
I live in an european country where guns are tightly controlled. Even if you had a gun legally, would you be facing jail time if you used it for self defence.

I have clubs and bats distributed through out my home. So if someone ever break-in while I'm in the house, should I have a blunt weapon near me. It's not the best deal, but it's better than hiding in a closet.
>>
>>18640315
>If you take the proper training a gun is no more dangerous that a hammer. It is reasonable to assume that a person climbing in your window will be armed. It's is wise to be armed too.
But none of that is true
>>
>>18641024
>How many times have you seen articles saying "2/3/4 men break into home and..."?
Less often than "man accidentally/deliberately shoots girlfriend"
>>
>>18642019
>implying that successful self defense stories are ever reported
And how often do you hear about school shootings being thwarted, terrorist attacks being stopped, or even the police successfully saving a family from being tied up and raped? Never. I guess we can only assume it never happens, huh?
>>
It goes like this.

>"I would like to get a gun to protect us from possible burglary and murder."
>"I don't want you to."
>"As of right now, I am going to temporarily disregard your feelings to ensure the safety and security of both of us. I will not allow us to be vulnerable just because you don't like it."

If she still says no, she can't understand or comprehend basic logical decisions, and you should dump her.
>>
>>18639584
This
>>
just buy a gun and don't be a pussy about it
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.