[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know the opposite gender isn't the key to happiness, but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: JHK0TXm.gif (157KB, 700x540px) Image search: [Google]
JHK0TXm.gif
157KB, 700x540px
I know the opposite gender isn't the key to happiness, but I'm going to keep chasing them like they're going to fix my life for me. How am I supposed to improve the way I think of myself, and learn to be happy by myself?
>>
is it wrong to want a fucking relationship? for fucking once?
>>
>>18638996
>>18639000

>but im going to keep chasing them like they're goign to fix my life for me

this is probably why you can't get a girl though. that sort of desperation is obvious no matter how subtle you claim to be.

>how am i supposed to improve the way I think of myself and learn to be happyb y my self?

by doing the things you think you would do if you were in a relationship, but by your self.
>>
>>18639000

>is it wrong to wnat a fucking relationship? for fucking once?

no. but that doesn't mean you will get one or should act self destructively or put it on a pedastal. by your own admission in the first post simply saying that you 'want a relationship' is an understatement on how you actually feel about the subject.
>>
>>18639000
No, but thinking that only a relationship will make you happy is.
>>
>>18639003
Perseverance is different from desperation.

I am not desperate. I don't walk up to a girl whilst sweating profusely and and stuttering over every word. I walk up, try to chat, and ask for her number. I am rather calm and collected. I got rejected just the other day, and I was like okay well. Guess I will keep trying.

>>18639009
>>18639016
I don't act self destructively. I quit smoking, I'm completely sober. I don't cut myself or anything.

I'm not OP, I get the impression we're mistaking myself to be OP. But I feel like people are too quickly "oh no way buster u can't have a gf unless your circumstances are PERFECTLY IDEAL"

I wish I could just have a god damn fling and fuck around before I am fucking 30 and over the hills, god FUCKING damn it.

The entire economy is going to collapse and toilet paper will cost $40 a roll before I get to have ONE SINGLE LITTLE OUNCE of romance. Life is bullshit and love is for the rich.
>>
>>18639046
>But I feel like people are too quickly "oh no way buster u can't have a gf unless your circumstances are PERFECTLY IDEAL"
That's not what people mean at all. What people mean is that a girlfriend is not magically going to fix all your problems and if you're not satisfied with your life without a relationship, you're not going to be satisfied with a relationship.

>I wish I could just have a god damn fling and fuck around before I am fucking 30 and over the hills, god FUCKING damn it.
Do you want a girlfriend, or do you want a fling and to fuck around? Because those are two completely different things.
>>
>>18639046

>perseverance is different from desperation

sure, but OP is displaying desperation. sorry we mistook you for him.

>But I feel like people are too quickly "oh no way buster u can't have a gf unless your circumstances are PERFECTLY IDEAL"

i actually have the opposite mindset. Even the scummiest of scum can date. pretty easily. most just arent willing to settle. so if they wont settle they have to work harder on themselves.

you mention you're close to thirty and talk as if you've never had a fling. so i imagine you arent willing to settle.
>>
>>18638996
If you're not happy alone, you won't be happy in a relationship
>>
>>18638996

Thats kind of bullshit man.

Dating is part of the life experience and a shit relationship is one way to learn about yourself and grow if youre one to learn and not self resent when you fuck up.

You think teenagers and young adults all love themselves and are ready to offer themselves in a relationship? Not a chance. And yet theyre all dating and growing from the experiences and none of them died as a result.

Except the ones in real shit relationships with psychopaths. Some of them died.

Anyway. Its all part of the rollercoaster, and a partner can actually even bring your deepest darkest flaws to your attention in ways no one else can.

Also the right partner can bring out the best in you and make you that person youre striving to be before dating.

Tl;dr fuck that philosophy. Its dumb. People only say it because it rings well. Jump in.
>>
>>18639079
this x1000
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.