[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I meet introverted friends / bf in college? Alternatively,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 518fce19dcfc78.jpg (144KB, 1000x820px) Image search: [Google]
518fce19dcfc78.jpg
144KB, 1000x820px
How do I meet introverted friends / bf in college?

Alternatively, how do I overcome my disdain for normies and loud people?
>>
Look for people eating their lunches alone.
>>
I'll be your introverted bf bby
>>
You don't. That's the hypocrisy of being a loner seeking a loner.
>>
>>18638800
I rarely eat on campus. And maybe it's just me, but I think it's kinda rude to interrupt someone's lunch. It's not like high school, you aren't forced to eat here. If someone is alone it's probably because they want to be.
>>
>>18638787
>How do I meet introverted friends / bf in college?
make a discrete effort to meet new people with the intention of finding a bf. it's hard but you need to do it. you can't attain something you aren't seeking. just do it. don't think about it so much. you don't need to be on 24/7, but if you aren't on at least some of the time, it will be unattainable
>>
stop thinking of yourself as better than "normies"

stop thinking of life as your personal bubble and how dare anyone intrude on it

go to a club that you're interested in and talk with the people there to find a bf
>>
>>18638882
I really don't know how to find a bf. I dated once three years ago and that felt like a fluke.

>>18638884
I don't think I'm better than them. I just personally do not like being around people who talk when they have nothing to actually say.
>>
I'm not being insulting here, but it's entirely plausible that you do think you're better than them and are just completely unaware of it. Everything you've said so far gives off the impression you think you're better than other people

anyways finding a bf can be tough, but again I recommend going to clubs and scoping things out.

for me personally record stores are a good place since I'm so into music, your hobby/interests might have a place like that
>>
>>18638920
>I just personally do not like being around people who talk when they have nothing to actually say.
You think you're better than them, who do you think you're kidding?
>>
File: road.jpg (43KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
road.jpg
43KB, 1080x1080px
>pic related
I feel the exact same. Just moved to another state 8 months ago and all my coworkers are in their 40's (I'm 19). Starting college soon though. Hoping it isn't hard to spot the non-normies.
>>
>>18638930
>>18638937

I don't think I'm better than them. They're out having fun and I'm shitposting on a Taiwanese finger puppet form on Saturday night.

I'm social anxious and awkward, I'm never going to be bff with the sorority girls or frat boys. We just don't have the same mind set.
>>
>>18638998
here's some advice: you're socially awkward because you don't know how to "talk when you have nothing actually to say". newsflash: most people don't like talking about superficial things, but it's necessary in order to create a bond and sense of familiarity, with which you can then delve into deeper topics. people on 4chan always shit on normies for their "mindless smalltalk" but it's a necessary skill to basically do anything involving another person. including making friends and dating.

the only way to learn is to practice. if a normie is talking about the weather or celebrities or whatever, engage them. if you don't understand what they're talking about you're probably ignorant on a lot of pop culture popular with people your age and you need to fix that in order to make friends.
>>
Aproach someone in a manner you would like to be aproched.

Me, I'd be fine with -Is it ok with you if i sit here (or whatever is appropriate to the situation).

- Hi I'm [your name].

But that's the easy part, why would someone like to hang out with you?

Make a list of at least five reasons why someone would like to be with you (guys aren't that picky, any mundane reasons will do). Whatever smalltalk you can muster, try to mention one thing from that list.
>>
>>18639012
I'm awkward, not retarded. I can make small talk. I don't know, maybe I'm tired of talking about the same shit over and over. It's mostly just shit like "this class sucks" or "it's so too hot outside". I would welcome someone talking about celebrities. At least it's different.

>>18639015
>Approach someone in a manner you would like to be approached.
>Me, I'd be fine with -Is it ok with you if i sit here

I ride a bus to main campus, so I have to ask if I can sit next to someone often. It never turns into a conversation. I feel they're just trying to get to their destination, not make friends.
>>
>>18639361
Yeah, you're probably right, they are just on the bus to get to their destination. But how about you just don't give a shit and introduce yourself?

You don't seem like the pushy type to bother them with your life's story unless they seem interested and then, what's the worst thing that can happen?

You're not going to ruin someones day and you've got at least five semi interesting reasons why they would like you if they knew you, one of them being that you don't talk a bunch shit when you have nothing to say.

You'll be fine, just get in there!
>>
I'm introverted as all hell and wouldn't mind being a boyfriend.
Or just being a friend
I understand if you're creeped out but hmu if interested
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.