[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

18 year old starting senior year of high school. What good jobs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1503162441711.png (741KB, 1700x1800px) Image search: [Google]
1503162441711.png
741KB, 1700x1800px
18 year old starting senior year of high school. What good jobs can I get as a writer besides journalism? I want to know what kind of jobs I can get before I decide what I want to major in college.

Pic unrelated.
>>
Go STEM or learn a trade and write on the side.
>>
You can use the search bar on O*NET Online to get an idea of what level of education is required for a variety of jobs, what the average reported pay is, and what responsibilities are associated. It also lists the predicted job growth for each field. This website was required reading in a Career Advisement-oriented class I took in college. https://www.onetonline.org/
>>
>>18638963
If you search for "writing," you can see that writing skill alone does not necessarily recommend you to being employed. However, written communication plays into a whole lot of diverse fields. If you have interests other than writing, it would be a good idea to think about what kind of career you could develop those interests into and how being a skilled writer would boost your ability to do the job.
>>
>>18638556
Advertising
Public relations
Tech writer
Business writer

EVERY business and profession requires a lot of writing, from the instruction folder that comes with your toaster to corporate reports, government-required record-keeping and technical material (The mass of paper generated by a new army tank weighs more than the tank)

After trying to get techies and accountants and managers to write intelligibly and giving up, almost every field now hires English majors to do the actual writing for the experts.
>>
>>18638556
Look up and go for technical writing. This is your only option if you dont want to be poor.
>>
Journalism isn't a good job.

>>18639694

Might be your best bet but it probably wont be mentally stimulating.
>>
with the plethora of university english (and other humanities) graduates searching for work, you won't be able to land a writing job unless you have connections
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.