[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I stop being such a fucking shy puss? There's a huge

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1481089793611.jpg (40KB, 535x577px) Image search: [Google]
1481089793611.jpg
40KB, 535x577px
How do I stop being such a fucking shy puss? There's a huge university BBQ right now, and II decided to go down and be social, but I just saw thousands of friend groups and just me on my own so I just walked back to my room. On my way back a girl complimented my shirt but II just panicked and kept walking and then ran into another girl from my class who looked at me, and I just looked away. I'm so fucking pissed at my anxiety. I'm not unattractive and lift, yet I'm just a fucking mess when talking to people. I don't want to be a shut-in who gets invited to nothing again
>>
Stop being a pussy and get a friend.
>>
>>18638489
>>18638489
GO BACK DOWN THERE RIGHT FUCKING NOW

I DONT CARE IF YOU DONT TALK TO ANYONE GET BACK TO THE FUCKING BBQ

DONT STAY HOME AND WALLOW GET OUT THERE AGAIN PLEASE FOR YOUR OWN SAKE
>>
>>18638500
I feel like a bother though
>>
>>18638502
I'm too scared now though, I have no one to talk to and now I just feel drained and depressed
>>
>>18638489
>>18638502
Go back, people are nice. I mean, they are genuinly nice.
>>
>>18638502
This. It's the beginning of the year, yo. You can use the excuse that you're new here. Just go and talk to whoever. If a group tell you to go away, who cares, just find other people to hang with, or do shit on your own, nobody really cares that much about what you're doing.
>>
>>18638502
This is terrible advice, you're just associating bad experiences with going out this way. He's not good socially so anything he does when approaching someone is gonna come off as awkward and unnatural.

OP, make some friends one on one first then next time youre invited to something bring one of them.
>>
>>18638506
Jesus Christ, where do you live? I'll go with you.
>>
>>18638506
that doesny matter senpai I bet your ass 1000 dollars that some of the fucks at the bbq dont know anyone either. You need to fuck off and get out of your own head. I used to freak out about the same shit as you. Go back there anon.
>>
>>18638513
I mean, I have some friends but they always seem to stick with other people and then talk to me when it's convenient. My fucking school placed me with no roomate for the second year in a row so I have no connections. My crew team is just a bunch of drunks
>>18638515
In the middle of fucking nowhere
>>
>>18638489
Anxiety often stems from the fear of not being accepted in a community. To overcome this you have set a goal for yourself: make friends, which u have done. Keep doing what you love and you'll eventually end up in a particular community where u wont need to seek acceptance. The BBQ doesnt neccesarily need to be the place you overcome ur shy barrier. Be urself ,if u are well mannered that is, which i am sure u are. Dont forget they are people too. We all have faults so dont be afraid of being judged, excluded, estimated. Cut your losses with people who u feel are controlling u. These kind of influences also induce anxiety. Its a mish mash of advices i could give hope it helps.
>>
>>18638538
And yea making friends one on one is a great first step, the most significant one in fact
>>
>>18638538
>>18638548
Should I just sit next to someone in class on the first day and strike conversation? What do I even say?
>>
>>18638552
Yes! Great idea. Just make sure its not right before the lecture cuz then you could be cut off by the lesson. Do what feels natural which u already did with this suggestion! As for starters i'd go with something like:
Hey, I'm ______ *extend hand for handshake*
and then they'll introduce themselves. It is not complicated at all :) the conversation should afterwards flow like a river. As i said: they are just like you: human :)
>>
>>18638567
And dont overplan it. Just approach whoever seems the most amiable to u or who u expect to click with based on interests they have expressed
>>
>>18638572
Also if somebody makes you feel like a bother dont bother to interact with them further unless they approach u but dont lose your composure or lash out at them cuz they may have just been having a bad day when u first tried to get to know them. Be yourself and do what feels natural.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.