[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys, my apartment has gotten too hostile and I want to move

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 18f5fa3aab6fojpg.jpg (68KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
18f5fa3aab6fojpg.jpg
68KB, 800x450px
Hey guys, my apartment has gotten too hostile and I want to move out.

There's about six months left. I paid last month's and and a 150 dollar deposit. I pay about 900 dollars a month and I imagine my roommate would want to take my bigger room so they'd have to pay 800 dollars a month.

In total, move in costs for the new person would be about 1850. I live in Seattle.

How do I write this ad out for CL? I'm not sure if anyone would take it because the move in cost is a bit high.
>>
Bump pls
>>
clean the apartment and take photos of the space. Make sure you do this during the day, and open up all the blinds and such so light spills in. use lower angles and play with your camera settings to get the best looking photos. lower angles make it all look big, but if the space is REALLY small try standing on top of something in the corner adn pointing the camera more downward. same effect, can make it look bigger.

then you just get on CL post the pictures, post how much it costs a month, and start to list whats good about it.

in my case it was shit like
>home in the heart of hollywood
>close to numerous restaurants (list em here)
>near the 2 line, the 4 line, and the metro red line
>one free parking space
>ample street parking (a lie)

then you list a little info about hwo he will be living iwth and what they expect out of a roommate. dont be angry or judgemental in everything

>they're just a couple of young artists looking for a new roomie who doesn't party too late in the house

then you post a wrap up wtih the final move in costs. then you post it.
>>
>>18638209
Thanks, man. I don't know how to sell this because my current roommate is a shitty messy asshole. No doubt he'll want the bigger room that I currently have.
>>
>>18638264

im surprised you're the one helming this. usually its the ones staying job as he is the one who has to like his replacement and doesn't want someone else just sending in the first person to put down cash.

i sublet my spare room and as a rule i just give them a full thirty days to leave ot make sure the new person can move in safely, however mines a pretty good deal even with how much extra i charge so i guess i dont have to worry about that.
>>
>>18638268
Is that really the responsibility of the person staying? I just thought it was mine because I can't leave until we find a new person to take over my side of the lease.

I also don't trust him being able to find someone because he's inept.
>>
>>18638282

its not legally anyones responsibility. I have seen it done yourway before, but more often I see it done my way. Why would he want you to pick the person, when you can just pick the worst person in the world with cash and make his life hell? id want to be in control of the situation. but thats just me.

i was in your situation once and i found someone and i brought the guy in and he was just a nice young man learning the violin at the musicians institute. the girl on my lease turned him down because he was black. then expected me to keep hunting. so dumb.
>>
>>18638303
Okay, this has been a long time coming, but I'll let my roommate know about this. I was hoping to move out in two weeks, but I realize now that two weeks is not enough time for him to find a new roommate.

Thanks, man!
>>
>>18638316
I forgot to mention, but both of our names is on the lease is why I'm having difficulty with this.
>>
>>18638316
>>18638319

thats kinda the thing is with your name on the lease you are at his mercy. you could find a place be ready to move and he could just be like 'lol no'.

If I were you I would go to him explaining that he needs to find a roommathe he wants and you'll organize the people coming in but he should be there to make choices.

one thing you can do is also suggest that he remove you from the lease and then just sublet the spare room. this gives him full control over who comes and who goes with very ltitle hassle and over time he can charge more for the room as prices in the area go up.

my apartment is 1500 a month but i can charge 1200 for the spare room.
>>
>>18638322
Unfortunately my landlord does not allow sublets which is why I have to go this route.

I'll talk to him tomorrow about this. I just can't live in such hostility anymore.
>>
>>18638325

>such hostility

this explains a lot. Yeah its going to be hard to swing him right, honestly though it sounds like hes lazy enough that you can get just about anyone to move in and he wont care until its too late. so i wouldnt worry about him screwing you over. just get together, talk to him and ask that there be some guarantee about you moving out, that he cant change his mind at the last minute cuz you already got a place lined up and it would fuck it all up.
>>
>>18638332
Thanks for all the help!
>>
>>18638350

np man good luck
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.