[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people have such a hard time accepting being a good person

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: Laughing Big Guys.png (486KB, 570x752px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing Big Guys.png
486KB, 570x752px
Why do people have such a hard time accepting being a good person and being an attractive person (in a personality sense) are not related?

You can be absolutely irresistible while being a cunt, and absolutely irresistible while being a kind and marvelous person.

This doesn't mean that you have to be a cunt to attract the opposite sex, it just means that the traits that make you attractive and the traits people would tell you define a good person are not related.
>>
>>18637809

Agreed. I know plenty of unattractive people who get bitter and are like "well I guess THAT person doesn't care about people with personalities," when really they're just bitter and full of envy on the inside. Looking like shit doesn't automatically gift you an amazing personality.

While I'm ranting, I also hate people who say "their loss" after someone doesn't want to date them. Stop pretending you're so great. You just weren't compatible. Move on.
>>
File: book by it's cover.jpg (421KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
book by it's cover.jpg
421KB, 600x900px
I knew a guy who treated women as garbage, absolute trash (not assertiveness or teasing), and they couldn't get enough of him.

Guess why.
>>
>>18637828
Then you see guys like Elliot Rodgers who are rich and loaded and they're repulsive.

Looks help but personality is the main thing. But personality is not be a good person and shit like that.
>>
Some people value other things that people don't.

Naturally people that values people with humour tend to look for funny people.
>>
Having a good personality > looking good

Physical Atractiveness is purely for physical satisfaction. Personality and intelligence is for maintaining an interesting relationship.

>I need to be able to talk to you after we fucked
>>
File: 1495390679165.jpg (24KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
1495390679165.jpg
24KB, 500x300px
>>18638172
>hehe funny meme
>>
File: laughingheretics.jpg (238KB, 900x563px) Image search: [Google]
laughingheretics.jpg
238KB, 900x563px
>>18638178
>Pulling shit outta my ass
>Meme
>>
>>18637809

movies mostly. We've been conditioned to believe that the really hot guy is an asshole to anyone who identifies as an unpopular geek. its never really the case.

'popular' literally means most liked, so if popular people went around being assholes, no one would like them. I went to 5 highschools, so in a way it felt like i was studying various social dynamics.

this is going to be a long example of five schools i went to, so feel free to skip to the end for my point

in the first school the 'popular' ones were just the smart girls. They were all varying degrees of attractive as well, by no means were they ugly, bnut they were also just really fucking friendly. there wasn't a single person they didn't try to help and they never said anything mean unless someone legitimately rubbed them the wrong way. I was a lonely faggot loser and they just came by one day and asked me to hang out and made me a part of the school. honestly it was such a small school that only like 2 kids were left out, one of them was a guy who killed birds.

as for the men, it was just whoever was funniest really. some were ugly, some were attractive. most were just kinda 'meh' looking.
>>
>>18638201

my third school was so large, and there didn't seem to be a split in popularity, it was weird. there were social groups, each filled with ugly people, and each filled with attractive people (not that there were many of those to go around in southern maryland desu) and everoyne just kinda did their own thing and didn't bother with anyone else. I remember really hot blond girls being really sweet and kind of a loner because she just didn't have a social group developed.

in my fourth school it was a really small school, one where I was in classes that focused entirely on film production as a part of some technical thing. I remember walking in and seeing my tiny class of like 12 students. there was only two chicks. This really hot girl who looked like a bitch, and a fat ugly girl who looked like one of those sweet geek types. I talked to the fat girl thinking it'd be safer, and nah she was a total bitch, one of the worst people I ever met. Ended up ebing friends with the hot chick and she was so chill, she just had resting bitch face, but other than that she was a normal person. not particularly sweet or kind or anything, just a normal person, you legit felt like you were just talking to a calm guy in chicks body if that makes sense.

the most popular dude was this really really really ugly guy with cystic acne. im not sure how that happened. He was this edgy dude with cystic acne and a trenchcoat and long ugly hair, 3/4s african american I think. Everyone just loved him. all the normal bro dudes suddenly wanted hugs anytime he walked into the room. I never really played into that game, which was funny, because he later came out as gay and tried to hit on me. such a weird dynamic.
>>
>>18638202

then in the fifth school, it was more of the same really. everyone had their groups. all groups had some uggos and some hotties, and most groups just minded their own business. less racial tension then my last two schools. The only person in the entire school you could say was 'popular' was this really fat obnoxious guy. perhaps it helped that he was rich but honestly i didn't know he was rich until our final rugby game when i went to his mansion and found out it was a fucking mansion. on the flip side there was a really hot chick who was also really rich, but the opposite of popular. she came to school in a mazzerati, and got scholarships but no one liked her much. the main blvd in town was named after her family i later found out, and she still just wasnt popular. really sweet girl, no reason anyone should dislike her, but she just didn't have many friends.

TL;DR, in my experience across five highschools there really was no indication that hot people become douches who are popular. people just existed in their own little groups based off of interests, who they grew up near, or simply who they met in class that they jived with. attractiveness had very little to do with anything, it certainly can help but it doesn't define your personality or how the world will treat you.
>>
>>18638172
This is true to a degree.
>>
>>18638547
No it isn't, the guy was joking.
>>
>>18638557
Attractiveness is more important the shorter the fling is, personality is more important for longer term. Obviously you still need both to a certain degree.

The original point is that you can be a good person (let's say good here means virtuous, as in kind, caring, responsible, solemn, loyal) and be very unattractive for the opposite sex because you're missing attractive, not virtuous qualities such as aggressiveness, confidence that you project outwardly, extraversion, ease of talking, charisma, etcetera.
>>
>>18637809
The same reason that hot girls are more liked - you're predisposed by thousands of years of evolution to desire physical traits that correspond to being genetically fit to reproduce with. There's not really some conspiracy; it's pretty straightforward.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.