/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I quit my job /adv/? I'm going back to school soon,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1436363601150.jpg (248KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1436363601150.jpg
248KB, 1024x1024px
How do I quit my job /adv/? I'm going back to school soon, and my parents initially wanted me to work & go to school at the same time. They finally relented and admitted that it was entirely unreasonable for me to do so; however, my job is under the impression that I'm going to continue working there throughout the semester.

Given that our restaurant is horribly understaffed at the moment, I feel somewhat bad about leaving (can't into social situations to begin with), but I also don't want to deal with being horribly stressed out after a full day of school each night.

What should I tell them? How should I quit? Should I send in an e-mail? Talk to the manager today alongside an email? wat do /adv/?
>>
>>18637752

Come in with a written letter of resignation, thanking them for the position, the opportunity to learn, and wishing them the best in their future. There's a lot of templates that are easily Googled. Include your last day available for employment - it should be two weeks from when you resign.

Before handing over the note, speak with the manager privately, and apologize that you left them with the wrong impression that you were going to stay, but unexpected circumstances led to you having a larger courseload than expected. Let him know you're happy to work for the next two weeks, and to help train any replacements they may bring on board.

In a restaurant you might just be let go at the end of your shift, so be prepared for that - I've worked in many environments like that where that is done because there is a concern outgoing employees may be more prone to steal, slack off, or just generally hurt morale around the team.
>>
>>18637752
Avoid thinking that the relationship between you and an employer is anything more than that of an employee. You'll avoid a lot of problems in the future with that. Your relationship with coworkers as people is different than your work relationship imo. I have little doubt that once you quit a lot of the people you were super work BFFs with will barely talk to you as the one thing you had in common (work) won't be there anymore but I have had friendships with coworkers that kept going after I quit.

Honestly though the best way to go about it is simply talk to your boss that you have to quit and that you'll stay on for 2 more weeks which is the standard length of time for quitting. If they can't find a replacement in 2 weeks then that's their fault and you shouldn't feel guilty about that. If they let you go before that then that's that.
>>
>>18637752

Umm keep the job part time?

>t. Third year university student currently working a 40hr week placement plus a 20hr week part time job

It's called being an adult.
>>
They wouldn't feel bad about firing you if they needed to, don't feel bad about quitting. It's not your problem and you will be easily replaced, I know it's a punch to your ego to think like that but few people are irreplaceable. If you don't need to work, quit and focus on school.

Go sit down with your boss with a simple resignation letter explaining when your last day of work will be. To your boss, explain your reasoning about why you need to quit. If you feel like working part time, offer that as an option and hand in your resignation letter.

>t. Someone who quit their big boy job to go back to school for a masters
You're not less of an adult because you aren't working 60 hrs a week.
>>
>>18637752
just talk to your manager and tell them you need to cut your hours down to no more than 20 per week because of school.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.