[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

>be me 19 >Graduated 2 years ago >Work full time job

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: Mac D.jpg (118KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
Mac D.jpg
118KB, 1200x900px
>be me 19
>Graduated 2 years ago
>Work full time job for past year
>about to start community college to transfer to a university for a degree
>want to be musical artist
>scared to try in fear of not being good enough

Ever since a kid I've played/studied music and musical theory. It's always been my dream to become a musical artist and be successful to the point of not having to have an actual job. I don't necessarily mean Kanye West big, but big enough to sustain myself without having a boring desk job. I love making music, the problem is I'm scared of failing miserably and have my life long dream crumble in front of my face. I've saved up money over the past year and bought all the necessary equipment to record in my room (drum machine, guitar effects, bass effects, mixer, multitrack, microkorg, fx processor, a decent mic set up). Everything that I need to make decent quality music. I'll stay up late every night trying new things and chords, constantly trying new things, but none of it seems good enough to me. Then I listen to Mac Demarco, Cosmo Pyke, HOMESHAKE, and King Krule (my influences) and it doesn't even compare. Its not like they're that much older than me. I'm just feel so unconfident with my musical abilities even though I've spent the majority of my life doing it. Do I just push stuff out now and risk it, or do I wait until I'm not as self-conscious about my music?
>>
>>18636688
>Do I just push stuff out now and risk it
Yes
>>
>>18636688
Every artist you listen to put out plenty of terrible music you'll never hear early in their careers
>>
>>18636688
If you can play and also know music theory you are years ahead of most college students. No one can guarantee that you have the talent to get anywhere, but you do have the basis for studying.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.