[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

sup /adv/, what is appropriate text and IM etiquette: replying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1-studentresea1.jpg (1MB, 1800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1-studentresea1.jpg
1MB, 1800x1200px
sup /adv/,
what is appropriate text and IM etiquette:
replying to texts when I see them, including late on Friday nights or minutes after receiving them? or reply the morning after?

does it matter if the person you are replying to is a girl or not?

does replying earlier show neediness, which is considered by many to be a turn off, and characteristic of a "nice guy"
>>
>>18636609
bump

>tfw received text at midnight
>replied at 3am (I never get texts so I wasn't looking at my phone, and just replied immediately when I saw the text)
what if they ask me what i was doing up at 3am? i was just at home, but should i say i was out with my non-existent friends instead?
>>
>>18636609
I operate on the assumption that if you texted me, you want to talk about something. Maybe it's just a little nothing request for information, maybe you wanna have a conversation about something important, but if I see someone trying to text me I try to get back to them in a timely fashion when I can. That's just polite. Ducking people for any reason just makes it seem like you don't want to talk to them.
>>
Reply when you get a text unless you are busy. It really is that simple.

How do you go about having face to face conversations? if someone asks you a question do you answer it 3 hours later.?
>>
>>18636702
>>18636707
I usually respond to texts when I see them, but in this case >>18636664, i responded late at night

the other person is asleep, would it have been better to text in the morning?
>>
>>18636711
Meh. Stop overthinking it. You weren't around when they texted you, they weren't around when you texted them. This is phone tag for the information age. Literally nothing to worry about.
>>
Reply if you want at any pace you wish, my friend.

If you want to talk to someone you will find time to reply. If you're genuinely busy and you can't make a thoughtful reply then thats fine too.
>>
>>18636609
If you trying to pick on a girl or something related to a job, reply almost immediately, otherwise your choice anon. BTW don't answer days after, it will make you look like a douche
>>
>>18636609
Reply when you have something intelligent to say. If that's immediately, fine. If it takes you a while, that's better than some useless or half-assed reply.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.