[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I'm probably going to be moving ~9 hours away from my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

File: ldrclickbaitarticle.jpg (75KB, 735x1102px) Image search: [Google]
ldrclickbaitarticle.jpg
75KB, 735x1102px
So I'm probably going to be moving ~9 hours away from my hometown if my current job prospect makes me an offer (have already passed 3 phone interviews with flying colors, they're now deciding if they want to fly me out there for an in-person interview).
I've been applying to local jobs for a year straight since graduating because I don't want to move away from friends, family, and the gf. But have gotten nowhere with it because I lack experience, so I'm stuck with finding a job abroad.
Pretty much the only thing that's holding me back at this point is the fact that I have a gf. I fell for the LDR memes/horror stories and now I'm deathly afraid that she will either break up with me or cheat on me without me ever finding out while I'm out in bumfuck nowhere wagecucking to get work experience. The fact that it's a 9 hour drive away from home makes it nigh on impossible to visit home every weekend (which would at least make me feel a bit better about moving away if I could see her at least once a week). What's more is that I will have to spend 6 months, probably at least a year in the middle of nowhere before I can start applying for jobs back home and actually have the competitive edge of work experience under my belt.
I'm at the point that I might actually turn down a potentially very good job offer just because I'm afraid of losing my gf. Logically I know that decision is completely stupid especially considering how much this girl loves me, but my emotions are getting the better of me.
>>
>>18636414
Mate, this is not good. Leaving will kill the relationship whether thats what you expect or not. This is a decision of her or the job I promise you.
>>
File: 1498105616459.jpg (273KB, 1024x862px) Image search: [Google]
1498105616459.jpg
273KB, 1024x862px
>>18636835
So my suspicions are more or less confirmed. I don't know if I should thank you or to have a panic attack.
I am honestly ready to marry her once I'm settled into a job, problem is getting a job locally in my field is fucking impossible (the industry is booming, but everyone wants at least 2 years experience). Taking her with me isn't even an option because she's still in school. I'm really getting desperate for a job too, it's been over a year since I graduated, I have to make up a grand lie to employers about what I've been doing in that year (when literally shitposting and applying for jobs is all I've been doing).
I choose her over the job, hands down I won't find a girl better than her. But I don't know when and if another job offer will show up. Especially in my hometown. I'd be willing to move away 2-4 hours away since I could see her every weekend (it's what we do anyway when she's in school). 9 hours is excessive in my opinion.
The worst part is my parents aren't even giving me much of an option here. They are beyond pissed at me for even suggesting that I might turn the offer down for this very reason, saying that I'll never get a job if I'm not willing to move far out (and they have a point, the competition is fierce as a new grad). They dismiss me as being paranoid about my gf, my mom said in an angry fit to just marry her now and take her with me.
>>
>>18636925
How much have you spoken to your gf about this?
Sounds like your very serious about the relationship, you need to make sure she feels the same way
>>
>>18636925
I think you should take the job based on your situation. I don't believe in LDR, but if you love her and trust she loves you then you have no choice but try and make it work the best you can. Shit sucks but there are some times when you just have to risk it to get on with life. I hope whatever happens works out for you, but you need to understand how crucial building a strong career is for you to have a good later life. What does she say about this?
>>
File: 1477389937160.jpg (140KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1477389937160.jpg
140KB, 1000x1000px
>>18636931
A lot. She really doesn't want me to move away and says she would feel overwhelmed. She feels strongly that I should find a job locally but if it can't be helped then I "gotta do what you need to get ahead". She said that if it weren't for school, she would 100% follow me wherever I may find a job.
In terms of how serious it is, it's pretty serious and we both acknowledge that. We've talked about where we'd get married, where we'd live, how we would generate income, how many kids, how we'd raise them, names for the kids, the whole 9 yards. It's gotten to the point that even extended family are pushing for us to get married asap.
>>18636934
And I have been considering the whole "if she truly loves you, she'll suffer the LDR to keep you" angle. I know what I'm capable of and a LDR is peanuts compared to other obstacles in life. I can't say the same for anyone else though. It's a fucking gamble on both fronts and I fucking hate it. I want to get far with my career, don't get me wrong, my sights are up high for the future. I want to be a manager at the very least, if not run my own company selling an invention of mine.
She is very aware of the job market, especially in my field (she has seen me struggle to get a job this entire time). So she knows that I might have to move away. She would rather me find a job locally for obvious reasons.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.