[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey adv how do i stop being so anxious in social situations where

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: 1502567253404.jpg (131KB, 816x404px) Image search: [Google]
1502567253404.jpg
131KB, 816x404px
Hey adv how do i stop being so anxious in social situations where theres more than say 5 people. I know im not being noticed much, i know im not being judged under a microscope by everybody. I get that logically, however i try so hard to force myself in these situations and end up being nervous to the point my face sweats a lot and i get anxious about that and its downhill from there.
>>
>>18636084
Try this:

Everyone is just like you, to some extent. Everyone "gets nervous" so you're no different, more or less, usually, than anyone you're with. In other words: What you're experiencing is common. There are millions of "nervous people" out there. So what?

That's it. You're normal, more or less. Get on with it.
>>
>>18636084
Drink
That helps me in those scenarios
>>
>>18636100
Drinking helps me too, but i dont want to depend on a substance to do that. I want to be like that on my own.
>>18636095
I get it man, its just i see a lot of people in a carefree vibe and i wish i could. Just like that, give 0 fucks and enjoy my time
>>
>>18636109
>Drinking helps me too, but i dont want to depend on a substance to do that. I want to be like that on my own.
You don't have to depend on it
It can get you out of the door and lay down some foundations on who you are in group events

It's about that foundation
>>
>>18636109
>I get it man, its just i see a lot of people in a carefree vibe and i wish i could. Just like that, give 0 fucks and enjoy my time
When I say you're "normal" I mean you're on the bell curve, like the rest of us, so you're falling somewhere along the line of hard left (I'm a hermit in a cave) to hard right (I'm Chad fucking all the cheerleaders).

If you think you're in the middle or middle-left, that's fine. I mean: understand that some people who LOOK carefree ARE REALLY carefree. They don't think too hard. That's how they're wired. You're wired differently, that's all. Enjoy who you are for who you are.

Be kind to yourself.
>>
File: IMG_20170812_185137.jpg (2MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170812_185137.jpg
2MB, 3024x4032px
>>18636115
>>18636117
Hmm okay i kind of see your points guys. Thanks
>>
>>18636084
Look at people.

If you can manage to be sociable with one person you can be sociable with fifty. When I lecture or communicate with large crowds I give my full attention to one person for a second or three then switch to another. If you can read the social cues of one person you're fine just jump your attention around. Don't try to falsely present yourself either, just work with what you got. If you don't like to say much be the stereotypical quiet background character who says three sentences the whole movie. If you can fill the air full of random bullshit be the Faceman or whatever. Just relax and be you. If they don't like you, self reflect decide if you can/should improve then find somebody else or change depending on if you're at fault or if they are.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.