[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does one "improve" their personality? Isn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: gib up de aegis.png (97KB, 1024x749px) Image search: [Google]
gib up de aegis.png
97KB, 1024x749px
How does one "improve" their personality? Isn't personality mostly static? Doesn't changing yourself for somebody else entirely miss the point of finding a significant other?
>>
Think of the best person you can meet in the road. Make that you.

Just reallythink, the best person you can ever imagine. Usually they make people around them feel happy.
>>
>>18635960
be is do
>>
>>18635960
Changing yourself for somebody else isn't healthy. It's more that you want to improve yourself because you want to grow as a person, and as a side effect people are more likely to be drawn to you. If you improve yourself purely for the goal of winning over other people, it'll just feel fake most likely.

People's general personalities probably don't change all that much, but there's some wiggle room. I started off kind of angry at the world, but I did some personal growing and my attitude changed a lot. You can change some behaviors, like it'd be shitty if you left dishes and dirty clothes everywhere and excused it by saying "I'm lazy, that's my personality and personalities don't change." Same goes for patterns of behavior, like how you can't excuse yelling at people during a fight as "It's my personality" and not try to improve yourself in that area
>>
Alright step one. Is is you gotta uhh you gotaa think is the person changing for shii. scraytch that. okay restart. are you hahppy with the cahnge youre gonna become if you aint then yes like die. i guess you know it aint even you. what s the point of making a name if youre dying under it. next thing is uhhh your significatn other should accept the raw version of you and if they do then then i feel you woulb be totally fine with changign a few things about your sefl tho make them happy. because that relationships you know. You igve and take. Yo ucomporisomise and it shows love if eel wll that me. Chase is gay as fuu.
>>
That depends entirely on your definition of personality.

It's kind of a multi-layered problem.

Most often, people are referring more to the superficial representation of an individuals personality, which is the way in which they have chosen to apply and uphold their beliefs and reasoning in the real world.
>>
>>18635992
Okay but for example I'm shy, reserved and double guess myself a lot. This has made me a big perfectionist and good at my job.

This also means not a single person of the female sex looks at me as anything more than a friend.

I cannot change these traits. I can't become a social butterfly because I just don't enjoy it.
>>
>>18636020
Why don't you enjoy it? Also, when you say you can't, you're basically guaranteeing that you'll never do it. When you say you can't do something, it's like a self-fulfilling prophecy, and you never allow the possibility for you to surprise yourself with what you can do. Social skills are learned. Doesn't mean you'll be a "social butterfly", but they can be learned
>>
>>18635960
Read books.
You'll change.
By yourself.
Be yourself.
>>
>>18636020
The problem is change.
See, you view change as a separate direction, not on the same path towards the things that you desire. Where, change can actually just be the evolution of ideals. You can uphold the same basic premise of being certain of your work, all the while bringing that certainty into your social life through practice and experience. Curiosity can be made to drive many things, as well. It's about how you apply these traits.
>>
>>18636026
I don't enjoy being extraverted and sociable. It makes me anxious. Which doesn't mean I don't enjoy the company of people, I do, but the whole going out and talking to everybody thing is not like me.
>>
>>18635960
I think it's a matter of how well you get along with particular people. How similar your ideals are, and your level of ability to respect differing ideas and beliefs.

As far as improvement is concerned, I would say that a good rule of thumb is if people are comfortable around you you're doing ok and if people actually want to be around you then your personality is good enough. If you find yourself offputting to a large amount of folks, assess why that is and work on that.
>>
>>18635960

If you're changing yourself for one specific person, it's bad.

If you're changing because you hold the clarity to know you're not perfect and can always improve if you look inward, it's fine. You want to become your best you. Not for anyone else, but for yourself. Change is valuable and important to make yourself great. Shouldn't you want to be great? You only get one shot at this, and then you're going to be in the dirt.

No point in making it a life lived in sheltered unhappiness if you can fix it.
>>
>>18635960
Personal virtue and attractiveness to people are entirely uncorrelated.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.