[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i recently tried smoking because im an adult and i never tried

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

i recently tried smoking because im an adult and i never tried it and i wanted to know what makes smoking so good that people get addicted to it
I did it a coupl times and i was hit with this intense sense of relaxtion and then i realize im never relax and its not like i havent tried healthy ways of dealing with anxiety like taking a big long walk or reducing sugar and caffeine or keeping a healthy sleeping schelude, i mean all that helped but it never brought my anxety to a manageable level.
Smoking isnt really a long term solution to this so what can i do beyond what im alredy doing to reduce anxietty and please don say meditation because i tried meditation and its not for me
>>
how about medication?
>>
>>18635313
There is nothing good in smoking its just stupid people who started smoking to look cool and ended up as adicts. I dont think you should use it to reduce anixety since when adiction kicks in you will feel even worse until you get your fix making you even more anxious.
>>
>>18635322
no, i was on lots of different medication as a kid and im never taking that shit again
>>18635338
have you tried smoking?
>>
Smoking doesn't relax you you monkey.
The nicotine hits you hard early so you feel that.
Afterwards you don't cool off from other things that are bugging you, you cool off with that cigarette because you didn't have one for a while and you're craving it.
I've been smoking for 6 years now, went from half a pack to pack and a half if I don't drink. Let me tell you something, at most 50% of the cigarettes you smoke will feel good, and they would feel good because of some other factor like lighting one after finishing a good meal, after sex or while chilling somewhere nice so you wanna anchor that memory and experience even more.
Trust me, don't start, there are far better ways to relax than smoking, weed or alcohol.
>>
>>18635349
Yes i used to smoke sometimes to be cool n shit but realized its garbage and i smell like an ashtray so i stopped.
>>
I started smoking when I was 19. I had always liked the smell of tobacco, and it was an easy act of rebellion for a sheltered teenager.

I realized a few years later that it was a nasty habit that did long and short term damage to my health.

I got hooked quickly and it took a lot of effort to quit, and it still takes a lot of effort not to take it up again.

The actual psychotropic effects of tobacco are minimal. It is a depressant for 20 minutes, after which time it becomes a stimulant.

As a rule of thumb, doing any drugs to avoid dealing with reality is a bad idea. If anything, you should use them in combination with therapy and other healthier strategiesl.

TLDR: People smoke to look cool, adult, and rebel against their parents. Nicotine is a highly addictive drug with very poor effects on your brain chemistry.
>>
>>18635369
>I've been smoking for 6 years now
congratulations
>>18635370
>>18635372
well, you convinced me, im not going to start smoking because it apparently turns you into a faggot and there is no cure for that, not even if you stop smoking

now can someone answer the actual question?
>>
>>18635369
What's wrong with weed?
>>
Well OP to play the devil's advocate I smoked on and off for a couple years never more then 3 cigarettes a day. Usually only 1 or 2. I never got addicted and it does help you relax when you are stressed about something you can't actually do anything about.

And if you do get addicted you get to quit which is a good chance to build willpower and discipline you can use throughout your life.
>>
>>18635388
Have you tried working out, running, cycling or something like that? Hows your social life, do you drink a lot?
>>
>>18635436
>Have you tried working out, running, cycling or something like that?
no, i just take long walks
>Hows your social life
non existant
>do you drink a lot?
i dont drink
>>
>>18635446
Start working out it will help you and you will feel great. Go either to the gym or those outdoor "gyms" where you do bodyweight stuff. You might even meet somebody there so you can make social gains too.
>>
>>18635482
im too fat to work out
>>
>>18635516
No such thing, eat less and start working out, you need to get rid of infinite amount of energy you are storing. It might take a month or two to get in shape but that time will pass anyway so why not use it to feel better.
>>
>>18635516
you're looking for easy solutions. You need therapy and getting out more.

Also

>fat
>smoker

Prepare to be buried in an oversized coffin at the age of 32
>>
>>18635537
im already eating less
>>18635571
therapy has never helped me, i spend 3 hours a day walking, im too poor to afford anything else and im unemployable so i cant fix that
>>
>>18635581
I see. You are a victim of a fucked up world, and nothing can help you so you must complain.

You are poor but you can afford tobacco. You are poor but you can afford being fat. Enjoy your smokes dude.

If I were you, I'd jump off a cliff. Faster and less painful death than cigarrettes. Cheaper as well.
>>
>>18635602
i already go on walks and eat wellin order to lose weight, hopefuly i can lose weight, find a job, buy a gun and shoot myself
im doing everything i fucking can, i would try to study something but i cant because i tried to and i couldnt handle the anxiety
fuck you, i have smoked ten cigarettes thats it, im not your white trash mother who got cancer and died, why are all ex smokers such cunts?
>>
>>18635614
They are trolling you.

Relax.

You are doing great. If you really can't handle your anxiety, find a doc that WILL prescribe you medication.

Physicians are under pressure to reduce opioid prescription because of the recent paranoia the media has created surrounding them, so you just need to look for a doctor that will help you out. Tell them therapy didn't work for you and you are starting to smoke to cope with anxiety, and they will come to their senses.

Really, the place you should be right now is the doctor's office, not 4chan
>>
>>18635313
Start taking CBD.
>>
>>18635647
i know that
i just had to talk with my dad and i dont handle that well at all
i fucking hate my family
i dont want medication my family forced me to take it because they couldnt handle both me being a kid and my dad beingan alcoholic at the same time, guess what? that medication caused weight gain as a side effect, thank you mom, thank you for drugging me and letting me alone with my drunk piece of shit dad just so you didnt have to watch him beat me up
>why dont you have a job anon? anyone your age should have a job and study
well if you wanted me not tooo be a piece of shit you should have done something about it when you could you fucking cunt, nobody ever helped me, nobody ever did anything about the way my dad treated me even tho they knew it was wrong and now they have all colectively decided to pretend it never happenned or its no big deal
i fucking wish they would all die, i never benefited from having them in my life in any way at all
>>
>>18635313
Niacin 500 mg at night
>>
>>18635689
Isn't a drug, btw. Just high dose of vitamin b3. Helps to relax, try it man!
>>
Also look up Pyroluria sounds like you may have it!
>>
>>18635685
Medication itself is not evil, anon. Would you not take an aspiring if you had a splitting headache?

It sounds you have some issues you have to work out by yourself. Allow you to feel the pain and then find rational responses to any damaging thought patterns. Really, cognitive therapy is great for your problems. Find a book if you cant affort to pay a psychologist
>>
>>18635313
It might not be for you as it is a pretty vast hobby and easy to spend a lot of money real fast but maybe look into gong fu tea, its a way of making tea using a much higher leaf-water ratio with a much smaller vessel (~100ml) infusing the leaves for a short time anywhere from 5 to 20 times, which takes 30min to a few hours, it's very relaxing especially if you focus solely on it with no outside distractions or with just a book/music playing
>>
>>18635741
Some meds can have debilitating effects.
Natural supplements can work just as good (possibly even better), are generally cheaper, and with less side effects. I'd look into something more natural if I were him. Niacin for example
>>
>>18635313
the countless chemicals in it.
do not start smoking.
how old are you?
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.