[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the easiest way to mentally prepare yourself for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1720.jpg (2MB, 2400x1347px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1720.jpg
2MB, 2400x1347px
What's the easiest way to mentally prepare yourself for going cold turkey on weed? I've set myself up for failure too many times, I've been able to moderate it a lot in comparison to a while back but I still do smoke every day (with exceptions sometimes but I do end up thinking about it a fair bit if I'm in a situation where it's accessible) Anyone here successfully cut it out or made it into a once a fortnight or so habit? If so, any tips?
>>
Best way was to get away from the people that support it. Another thing that helps is getting rid of any paraphernalia. Try replacing the habit with something else, like exercise.

It's a crutch and you don't need it.

Meditate on why you want to quit.
You have to internalize wanting to quit or it will never happen.
>>
>>18634932
Why the need to quit?
>>
>>18635011
I spend more than I want to so it's not financially viable, and I feel like i need it to feel satisfied each day. Without it I feel unmotivated, it's come to the point that I only work well when I'm stoned.
>>
>>18634932
If you try to prepare yourself for it, it will build up into this huge thing in your mind. Just decide that you want to quit, why you want to quit and every time you're tempted to smoke again, remind yourself why you quit in the first place. I've been smoking on and off for around 9 years now. I usually quit when I get to the point when I'm tired of being high, unmotivated and not getting shit done then I just stop. The next couple of days and a few days about 4 weeks after I quit are always the worse as I fall into a pretty bad depression without fail, but once I get past that the sun shines through the cracks and I feel amazing again.

Then I get bored one day and want to smoke a blunt and slowly progress to smoking all day erry day again til I remember why I wanted to quit. Also the insomnia can be kinda bad at first. When you get used to smoking in the evening and having a good marijuana induced tiredness it sucks to spend nights staring at the ceiling with wide open eyes as the minutes tick by.
>>
>>18634932

Yes I changed from daily smoker to weekend smoker and to less
But with occasional weekly binges where I smoked every day, and sometimes months of smoking everyday

As I get older, I notice the side-effects more clearer, and I have more responsibility, so instead I just drink 6-12 beers a day instead

All of the buzz
None of the brain-fog

Except for hangover symptoms that go away after a few hours of waking up, compared to being stoner-brained the whole day.
>>
>>18634932
Easiest way to get ready is to hide all parephenelia, then let someone else know that you are taking a break. Tell someone that you trust to hold you accountable.

Also fix whatever is broken in your life. Smoking is more than likely the least of your problems. If you make your life as enjoyable as possible then smoking seems like an unnecessary activity.

that's what I do whenever I need to take a break. go get a beer and chill out. note I said 1 beer.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.