[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm a 21 year old dude in university atm. I had a girlfriend

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: Thatface20110725-22047-wlaopv.png (7KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
Thatface20110725-22047-wlaopv.png
7KB, 645x773px
I'm a 21 year old dude in university atm. I had a girlfriend for 6 years and we broke up 2 years ago. It was peaceful. I was starting to get pretty depressed, couldn't get into college, barely had any friends, and I just hid away in my computer games all day mostly. We broke up because it was starting to affect her too, and I agreed it was for the best.
However, 2 years later, I'm finally getting better. I'm in university already, I've got things kind-of figured out. I'm definitely not the same depressed dude. I'm currently seeing a girl, nothing serious, and I've had a short-term girlfriend last year (went for bout 3 months, then I broke up because she was an overjealous person). I have some friends (althoough I don't really get invited to anything by anyone during summer vacation so I just had to learn to enjoy my own company), but there's always the same questions in my mind.
Does she think about me? Does she miss me? Were we 'soulmates' and my stupid depression ruined everything? Will I ever find anyone like that again? Will I ever get past this whole thing?
I think about her almost every day, I dream about her most of the time, everytime I do something I'm proud of I think to myself "Damn I wish I could show this to her." We haven't talked since the break up much; Mostly just wishing eachother happy birthdays and merry christmas. Recently I messaged her because of her sister, since her sister was going to do exams to my university, and I offered to show her around and be her "guide" (she would be completely new there and didn't know anyone, and that can be overwhelming). She said thanks but that she wasn't applying for that university after all, but that she was really happy that I offered that.
All in all, I really don't know what I should do. At this point I really just want to end this whole ordeal since I neither have her nor I can forget about her, and I haven't felt the same with anyone else. What should I do?
>>
You need closure anon. This way you're not getting it. You can either put the dot on the end yourself by hammering into your head that it's over and wish her the best of luck and drop contact even less (just wish a happy birthday in a short way like you would wish it an acquaintance). Or have a honest talk with her and end it that way knowing you had a good talk and can part ways with no baggage, which can be risky.
Either way you're doing anon I'm proud you're better, but please, don't dwell on the past trying to pinpoint what ruined the relationship and don't ask yourself those questions, it's detrimental for you because you're still mentally in the past and you're eating yourself inside because of that.
>>
>>18634134
I've thoought about talking to her about this whole deal, but we really never talk at all (also, facebook keeps her at nÂș1 in my chat list which doesn't help). Those happy bdays and stuff is really just "Happy birthday Ana" and that's it. But then when I think about talking to her about this I think "She'll see that I got fatter, or she'll realize I haven't improved as much as I should in my degree and that maybe I'm still the same, so maybe talking to her would just make things worse."

I really don't mind at all if we never get together or if we do get together forever, I really just want to proceed with my life. I can't stand thinking about her day and night, even when I'm with other people (it's not nice to wake up beside a girl and be thinking about another). It's very tiring.
>>
>>18634143
You're putting HER view of your over yours. Stop that man, no matter how hard you try you can't please everyone, rarely even 1 person no matter how much you change.
>But then when I think about talking to her about this I think "She'll see that I got fatter, or she'll realize I haven't improved as much as I should in my degree and that maybe I'm still the same, so maybe talking to her would just make things worse."
If you don't wanna get together those things don't matter, if you want an honest talk none of that matters.
I know about that chat bullshit, doesn't help that you get posts on your feed when she friends someone else, but I think you there are options to hide "on this day posts" with certain people, as well as hide them from your feed/chat without blocking them.
Thinking less about a person won't work if you think "I'\m not gonna think about X", but if you're gonna think about this story with her think "it's over numbskull, gotta keep on going for your sake".
Had 2 break ups like that where I couldn't get them out of my mind, but after telling myself "it's over numbskull" and actually having the privilege to see her with another (in both cases) while hurtful as fuck helped me move on.
>>
>>18634160
Well I "blocked" her on facebook, she can still message me or post on my facebook but I won't see anything from her feed (new friends, posts, etc). I can't say that I would like to try things again, but that 'wish' is very little compared to the 'i want to move on with my life freely regardless of the ooutcome'. Also doesn't help that I'm very insecure, self conscious and overthinking person. But I guess everyone is those things to a certain degree.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.