[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I have been dating my current gf for about 6 months now and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1439413827567.jpg (137KB, 630x632px) Image search: [Google]
1439413827567.jpg
137KB, 630x632px
So I have been dating my current gf for about 6 months now and everything was going good until now. I travel a lot with my job and can leave with notice from anywhere between 4 days to a month in advance. I explained that to her before we got together and she said she would be ok with it.

Fast forward to now and she's freaking out because my work is making me miss going to see the eclipse with her because they went back on giving me the day off. She was pissed about that and hasnt been acting the same since. I tried talking with her, but its usually just short one word answers like ok and stuff, and she doesnt really try to engage in conversation with me anymore like she used to. This has been going on all week and i've tried talking with her about it. Eventually she'll open up and tell me what she's actually mad about, but the next day its right back to her being cold again.

Basically what im getting is its boiling down to her feeling like I'll never be able to make plans with her when I told her thats not the case its just I happened to get screwed over this time. I honestly dont know what to do at this point.
>>
>>18632936
Tough shit man. I worked in oil for awhile and you have no idea how many divorced dudes I talked to had their marriages fall apart because of travel. Of course, it's not like they could say no because oil money tends to go to your head but it taught me a very valuable lesson. I guess that's anywhere though other examples could be the military or working in the merchant marine. Oilfield is worse because you just don't have any notice.
>>
>>18632936
An eclipse is a life changing event. Of course she is going to be pissed dude.
>>
>>18632947
>>18632958
I should of clarified. I'm in the military right now, they told me I my leave was good Friday and then rescinded that Monday. There was literally nothing I can do about it.
>>
>>18632967
While I can understand why she's disappointed, she should understand that you're in the military and there's no playing hooky or guaranteed days off. I'd let her know that you're sympathetic to her feelings but that unfortunately it's not something up for debate
>>
>>18632936
As a who flies around 50 to 100 times a year for business. I can tell you it's a lack of maturity on her part. Sounds like she knew this was the life you have, and what she was getting into. Throwing a tantrum over something that is out of your hands is just childish. I have missed many an event, party, celebration becuase of my work. It sucks but the hustle is real. If she was the one, she would support you knowing it's hard on you that you have to work while she gets to enjoy the eclipse, and not the other way around. I've been there was married to a woman similar, but no longer.
>>
>>18632958
>an eclipse is a life changing event

That's your opinion. I've seen a total eclipse before and, while it was cool, I wouldn't spend too much effort or go out of my way to see one. It's definitely not a life-changing event for everyone.
>>
>>18632936
She doesn't love you. She loves what you can do for her.
>>
>>18632936
Completely, utterly bluntly:

Your girlfriend is a fucking retard. She thinks the solar eclipse is such a big deal? What a child.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.