[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you "not give a shit what other people think about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: 1494137289004.jpg (106KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1494137289004.jpg
106KB, 640x360px
How do you "not give a shit what other people think about you" without becoming a nutcase who subverts social norms? If I followed this advice that Chads give I'd be picking my boogers and staring at girls' tits in public. There is clearly a need to "care what other people think about you" because otherwise you wouldn't be able to get a job. Where do you draw the line?
>>
I just know that I'm better. Everything taken into consideration.

>jerry, it's not a lie if you believe it
>>
>>18632391

>where do you draw the line

wherever you feel comfortable. like any advie its not meant to be taken to an extreme. 'love your self the way you are' doesn't mean indulging all of your worst habits, nor does 'not giving a fuck what other people think'.

the 'not giving a fuck' aspect goes to the general populace. your job in life is not to maximize popularity, and its especially not to be impressive or simply tolerated by strangers.

if what you do is something that is only upsetting to strangers, why bother? they're strangers, so do what you want, strangers can go fuck themselves. as for flicking your boogers, that isn't about not giving a fuck. not giving a fuck is about doing what you WANT, not scratching any baser itch. picking your boogers in public is not intrinsic to you, its not going to bring you any special set of joy, so there's no need to do that.
>>
>>18632391
Not caring about what other people think comes from security with yourself. If you are comfortable with who you are and know yourself that you are 'better than that' sort of mentality.

Just dont be an ass about it. There ARE people who will just sit there in public being a creeper. You can be a normal person and not care. It's all about trying to perceive yourself through other peoples eyes.
>>
File: 1498516634150.jpg (53KB, 500x377px) Image search: [Google]
1498516634150.jpg
53KB, 500x377px
>>18632391

I think the source of your confusion could partly come from the fact that you view life through the filter of 4chan memes. The overwhelming majority of the population has no idea what "Chads" or "Normies" are and they're better off for it. Life doesn't work in such simple metrics.

Additionally, "not giving a shit what other people think about you" is not being an obnoxious little shit who dismisses peoples' legitimate qualms with your terrible behavior. "Not giving a shit what other people think about you" is being confident, self-reliant, self-sufficient and not letting the opinions of other people sway you from doing things that make you happy. This, of course, all falls within the guidelines of acceptable social behavior. Don't confuse "not giving a shit what people think of you" with being incapable of accepting criticism.
>>
File: two types of people.png (21KB, 540x134px) Image search: [Google]
two types of people.png
21KB, 540x134px
>>18632391
>lol he watches anime, what a loser
>lol he goes naked to job, what a loser

If you cant tell the difference between social norms, laws, ethics, not behaving like asshole and your own opinions and hobbies, you should seek psycholog,
>>
Not giving a shit isn't an action, it's lack of action.

Like me glancing over another bait thread and yawning as I scroll down without even bothering to click the little hide button because that's effort, or passing by a crowd of nutters protesting about whatever the fuck who cares and continuing on to me local deli.

Of course when something is relevant to your needs, like financial security or relationships, you pay attention more to "social norms" (really just dressing right and acting neurotypical). Because you want money. Or you want a girl, and she says you can't pick boogers anymore 'cause it gross. Then it becomes a matter of how much benefit you derive from whatever dysfunction is causing the conflict vs how much you want the reward that will be gained from shearing it. Sometimes you can spin potential conflict into situations that present you as charming or a little naughty, but you will need to appreciate the art of conversation at a sufficient level before that is possible. Most young males don't. Older men are a little wiser to it, but oftentimes still awkward. Successful men are charismatic men. Remember that.
>>
>>18632469
"Muh manly men" is literally ape mentality. I fucking hate Chads.
>>
>>18632499
Yeah, and manly men doesnt give a shit about you, your opinion or about anything and keep courting ladies without much problems.

Half the problems on /adv can be solved by this. She diesnt want you? Big deal, find another. Is it weird? Who cares, try it and see results for yourself. Are outies gross? If he is grossed by this, he wasnt for you in the first place. And so on.

Try to apply it to your own life and report results later.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.