[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Found out that my cat is dying of a heart disease and has about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20170817_155704093_HDR.jpg (656KB, 2359x2379px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170817_155704093_HDR.jpg
656KB, 2359x2379px
Found out that my cat is dying of a heart disease and has about 2 weeks, and I'm taking it hard. How do I cope?
>>
>>18632272
I'm sorry anon, I've been through this not a long time ago.

First, take care of your cat. Spoil it and pamper it, spend a lot of time together, show it love.

Second, cry when you feel like It, don't be afraid to express your sadness and pain.

Third, make sure that at the end on his or her life your cat is comfortable and not in pain. Sometimes euthanasia is a more humanitarian option.

I'm very sorry anon.
>>
>>18632272
Buy a new cat to fill the void. I promise it works.
>>
>>18632287
This.

Also, I know this might be hard to hear, but you may find yourself in the situation where it would be better to euthanize earlier than two weeks. I had to put down one of my dogs last year, and the vet gave me some good advice: "Do it when they still seem mostly like themselves. You don't want your last memories of them to be them barely breathing and pissing themselves." We had to make that call with my dog. When he couldn't enjoy running full speed like he used to, when he had less energy and just seemed so tired all the time, we knew it was the right time to do it even though it was tempting to keep him around for as long as possible.
>>
Sorry to hear anon, there's really no good way to go about these things. Like any loss or death, time is the only cure.

We had to put down our dog last december. He was 16, his quality of life was shot (blind, deaf, could barely walk or use his legs) and he was probably in pain. He stopped eating so we knew it was time for him to go.
It hurts. It hurts a lot, it was the worst pain I had ever gone through. But after a few months, it started to get better. You come to terms with the loss, you realize you made the right decision, you remember all the good times and how loved and happy you made your pet. It's been 8 months for me, I miss him dearly, I'm crying writing this because it still stings to think about him being gone, but it does get better.

I assume you were a loving pet owner, I'm sure you gave your cat the best you could and did everything in the world to keep them happy and healthy. I'm sorry they're going from a more unnatural cause and possibly they didn't have as much time as they deserve in this world, but you did well by your cat. Make sure their last days are filled with love and joy. Give them whatever treats they want, and if they're hurting, you may need to let them go. Make sure they go in the warm loving embrace of your arms.
>>
>>18632291
My friend has two kittens that he's trying to find homes for that look the same as my cat. Will taking one of those in fuck me up?
>>
>>18632316
>Will taking one of those in fuck me up?
No
>>
>>18632316
No it will not fuck you up. As long as you're not neurotic or a fucking psychopath that harms animals, it's only going to distract you from your sadness and develop a new love for a new kitten.

TLDR; it will help you cope with your current situation.
>>
>>18632316
It depends.
You don't really want to take in a pet before you're ready. It's not fair to the animal. But I've found most people do well by getting a new pet, it does take the sting off.
I advise against that anon's attitude of "replace it" You're never gonna "replace" your cat. But that doesn't mean you can't love more than one cat throughout your life.

I would definitely get another cat at some point, but wait until you're ready. Immediately after your cat passes might not be great timing. At least put off all decisions to get a new pet until after your cat goes. See how you feel about the idea then.
(Not to mention, do not take in any new animals while your cat is dying, because that stress is the LAST thing your cat needs.)
>>
>>18632331
You're misconstruing my advice to OP. Not once did I use the word "replace". I said that it would help him cope with his situation. It would distract him from his sadness.
>>
What a sweetie.
>>
>>18632369
Thanks. She definitely is one.
>>
>>18632272
see it as practice for when you die. the cat is pretty similar to you, far as beings go. it will happen to all of us in this thread. every 20 years alive each of us has in the thread, the faster death seems to be coming at us.
>>
File: IMG_1951.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1951.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Posting kitty in your kitty's honor
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.