[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've just been accused by my parents of being a selfish

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: ok.jpg (42KB, 667x470px) Image search: [Google]
ok.jpg
42KB, 667x470px
I've just been accused by my parents of being a selfish so and so who runs away from everything in life.There is some truth to that. I have a big family and I'm socially inept so I duck out of most gatherings and try to avoid speaking to our relatives. I wish i was an extrovert so i could integrate better in society and communicate more with others, but i'm not. I don't care much for anyone outside my immediate family or my girlfriend...
My aunties funeral is next week but I don't want to go. I'm just not interested. And I hate the pressure that i'm 'supposed to'.
My mother is saying i should be ashamed and telling me the world does not revolve around me. I told her I know that - It revolves around the sun. But she just got more mad and used more adjectives to describe my selfishness.
I just... I just can't help not giving a fuck.

Do I
>Apologise for being me and make an effort
>Dig heels in and double down
>>
>>18632261
Wow your parents hit the nail on the head you are a selfish prick. Sometimes you're going to have to do things for others. Not only do your parents have to deal with losing somebody but not their shithead kid is being a jerk and refusing to go to a funeral. I can't imagine how embarrassing it would be for them to make up an excuse because their kid 'just didn't feel' like going. On second thought dig your heels in. I know what life turns out for people who are like you and I think it would be a fitting life for you.
>>
>>18632261
While I realize that the death may not mean much to you, but to the immediate family you say you care about this probably hit them hard - especially for the parent who lost their sister. They want you there because they love you, and if you love them it'd be good to be there for emotional support.

In this case, given the circumstances I'd concede this time and apologize.
>>
File: IMG_0559.jpg (121KB, 749x807px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0559.jpg
121KB, 749x807px
>>18632285
At least he isn't smart enough to fool people into thinking he cares. Then he could do some serious damage. At least he will be forever alone.
>>
>>18632285
Damn dude if i cared that might have hurt. I guess I goaded you into that response by selling myself as such a cunt. I respect your opinion.
>>18632289
Perhaps it's worth elaborating in saying my aunt was apparently a bitch that no one liked. I say apparently as I haven't seen her since i was knee height and never had to deal with her when she was drunk. She wasn't a blood relative to my parents and neither of them cared for her so they're not upset much.
Still, social convention dictates we must all go and watch her be buried or we're considered selfish pricks.
If I didn't have SA it wouldn't be such a big deal.
>>
>>18632285
Parents don't get what they want? Stop everything, something horrible has happened.

Kids don't get what they want? Well they are just kids, they need to grow up!

Since when did parents become gods? Just because they had unprotected sex and the mother gave birth to someone, that means we have to do what they want forever? What the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>18632336
This website is for 18+ anon. Please leave and come back when you've matured
>>
>>18632336
>UGH Mom would you get the FUCK out of my room? Just cause you made me EXIST against my will doesn't mean I owe you anything! You're such a bitch!
>>
>>18632361
Let me continue the story for you
>What's that son? You don't want to obey our orders? Then get the fuck out of here!

That'll show that piece of shit kid! See, I got my way and he didn't get his way! Sucker!
>>
>>18632376
Parental relationships are about love, not power.

Sounds like you had a bad childhood friend :^)
>>
Tell your mom why you dont want to go to the funeral. Not "i just dont care" but the deep down mushy shit of "i dont like being held to social standarda that force me into uncomfortable situations just tonrespect someone that has no capacity to acknowledge my prescence or lack therof"
>>
>>18632261
you think your detachment is some kind of cool and special way to be, but it certainly isn't. it will bite you in the ass when you're an adult trying to form relationships with someone like a sexual partner or a child you are supposed to be caretaking.

now fuck off, underage phoneposeter.

sage
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.