[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys, I need your honest, brutal advice here. I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: question-mark-1750942_960_720.png (66KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
question-mark-1750942_960_720.png
66KB, 720x720px
Hey guys, I need your honest, brutal advice here.

I'm interested in the field of law enforcement, HR, counseling, and IT--IT was originally the only thing that I was pursuing. I was chasing a CIT degree (Computer Information Technology), and I began to realize--the more I went on--that IT may not actually be the right field for me.

I'm not really interested in programming, so I would be working in system administration or something similar if I did go with into it.

I want to keep myself open to all of those career paths mentioned, as well as to any others that I may find interest in. I know that counseling usually requires a Master's degree.
I'm thinking of doing Communications with a minor in Psychology. I was thinking that if I wanted to continue into IT, I would be able to use certifications/my portfolio of experience to sell myself. I also thought that having an education in communications/psychology would help set me apart in the sense that I could make a good project management leader or spokesperson/customer service person for the company's IT department.

In pursuing an education in Communications and Psychology, I also thought that I would be keeping myself more open to careers in law enforcement, HR, and counseling when compared to CIT. My friend and I had a bit of discussion about this, though, and he thinks that even if I pursued a degree in CIT, I would be just as better off getting into those career fields when considering the stigma Communications and Psychology can carry and the power of a STEM degree.

At the end of the day, I just want to be able to find the career that will make me happy the most and not be limited. I think that getting a CIT degree would only make me marketable in the IT field but a Communications degree w/ minor in Psychology would make me marketable in all of those fields.

Am I thinking about this right? What does everyone else think?
>>
Have you look at payscales for the specific job you're looking into? Do you plan on moving or being stationary? Did you look at the job boards and see what is described?

Your 5, 10, 20 year goals?
>>
>>18631820
No employer is going to give a shit what your minors are. Also communications is a meme degree. You don't need a degree for entry level police or prison/jail work and they'll pay for any degrees that further your career with them.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.