[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any insight for a guy on his eighth all nighter in a row?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0575.gif (206KB, 600x440px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0575.gif
206KB, 600x440px
Any insight for a guy on his eighth all nighter in a row?

I can't stop.
>>
>>18631414
Yes.

If you continue doing this, eventually you will start only sleeping during the day, and you will get used to this.
Now, you may see no problem with this if you're a NEET, but if you ever plan on being productive in an office setting, life will start getting impossible for you.

Not to mention how most people are active during the day, so you will be even more socially limited.

If you ask me, you should start fixing your sleeping schedule ASAP. Start by trying not to fall asleep until 8-9pm.
>>
>>18631427
>but if you ever plan on being productive in an office setting, life will start getting impossible for you.
He could work nights
>>
>>18631431
>>18631427
Thanks, but what I wanna know is how to put it to an end.
>>
>>18631436
The first guy tried to tell you but you didn't notice because your brain has turned to garbage from sleep deprivation.
>>
>>18631443
Christ, you're right.

Might sound stupid, but can this sorta damage get to be permanent?
>>
OP, give us more detail on your current sleep cycle. When do you get tired? When do you sleep? Are you staying up deliberately or do you find it hard to fall asleep? What happens when you try to fall asleep?
>>
>>18631451
Sleep deprivation can lead to brain damage, you need to consistently get 6-8 hours of uninterrupted sleep for a week or two to recover fully or else the damage may become permanent.

I know for a fact that whenever I become sleep deprived I get dumber and studies show that only getting 3-5 hours of sleep a night for a week straight is the brain equivalent of being drunk, without all the fun.
>>
>>18631453
I'll make an effort to head to bed anywhere between 9 and 11.

Every so often I'll get to bed at 6 or 7, though, I'd be so tired, and I'd wake at 12 or so.

I just have a hard time sleeping. Always had. If I'm still awake past 4, not looking to sleep the day in, I'll try to stick it out, at which point it really becomes an all-nighter.
>>
>>18631451

Probably not, but you're way past normal levels, so just hope for the best.

>>18631436

>Turn off all tech an hour before bed
>Dim or reduce the number of lights you keep on at this time too
>Don't use your bed for anything except sleeping or fucking, use a desk for everything else
>Try to do 20-30 minutes of reasonably strenuous exercise a day, you'll be more tired

Most important step:

>Every day for two weeks, set an alarm for the same time in the morning which you immediately must leave the bed to shut off

Going to bed earlier mostly follows getting up earlier; you'll naturally be tired.
>>
>>18631451
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVQlcxiQlzI
>>
>>18631414
the record is like, 14 days. Keep it up.
>>
File: 1499131322417.jpg (22KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1499131322417.jpg
22KB, 500x375px
lmao your gonna be dead soon
>>
If you want a quick fix, there's stuff like melatonin. Hell, you could even drink yourself to sleep if you wanted.

If you want a fix that will last, start exercising. Even walking might work. Stop using tech before bed, don't look at any screens. Preferrably have some red lamps to use to see, they won't fuck with your eyes and all that and so they won't keep you up. Have an alarm that makes you get out of the bed and have it at the same time everyday. Eventually it'll fix itself right up
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.