[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've experienced everything I've ever wished to, I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: Nuggets.png (455KB, 528x455px) Image search: [Google]
Nuggets.png
455KB, 528x455px
I've experienced everything I've ever wished to, I have some good friends, I earn more money than I know what to do with and I don't care about material things in the slightest.
I have no living family except for my alcoholic mom who never meant to have me in the first place.
Long story short, I'm a 22 year old mistake that feels finished with life.

I know this is stupid but I can't just simply choose to be happy or to "create my own meaning in life" like people tell me to when I care about nothing and nothing interests me.
The absurdity of life is tearing me apart. My brain is telling me to just put an end to it but my instincts tell me not to.

Please hold me tight bros and tell me what to do.
>>
>>18630500

do charity. if you've already experienced all the good, then why not pay that forward so people down on their luck can experience that good as well? who knows along the way you might even begin to enjoy things again. until then, why not just help people?

give it at least 5 years of volunteering to pay back for your good fortune and if you're still depressed, end it then.
>>
>>18630500
Where you found of studying? Maybe try to pick up a subject and learn.
Following a philosophy course might be helpful
Or you could research about religion, it might give you the purpose you need.

Or do like>>18630508 said, helping others is a great way to feel better.
>>
>>18630500
Travel or invest in the hapiness of your friends.
And as the others said, volunteer (combined with travel)
>>
Get hobbies
>>
>>18630500
can i have you money if your going to be such an existential mess?
>>
>>18630500
>I can't just simply choose to be happy or to "create my own meaning in life"

>I care about nothing and nothing interests me.

this is the meaning you have given life. I was in the same boat from 13 to 19. Im turning 22 soon and have a better out look on life. You will believe whatever you tell yourself if there constant thoughts. You have to set new goals for yourself.

>I'm a 22 year old mistake that feels finished with life.

If you believe this, its true. But if you told yourself "Im not done with life theres more to do" (repeat this thought daily). Then your outlook will change. These types of things are very thought oriented problems. Life is a vast ocean of experiences.
>>
>>18630500
I'm in a similar boat and suspect this may be a laziness/motivation/initiative issue rather than an existential crisis that needs solving.

Your existential qualms are valid, but as far as I can tell they are impossible to address and you don't necessarily need to.

Now there's a hypothetical backpack staring at you. It's heavy, you don't know what's in it. It might be good, might not be that good. A risk or an opportunity.

Problem is convincing yourself to pick it up and start carrying it. If you're anything like me, the uncertainty of worthwhileness is a big obstacle for an already lazy person.

However once it's on your masculine sense of duty can kick in and so long as you are consistent you will keep carrying that sucker and before you know it you won't even care what's inside.

Now bare in mind this is a bit of a bandaid remedy but it does help. I haven't figured out the next step (which is to excel, to run and to unpack the backpack and use what's inside.)

Long story short. You likely have a few ideas of things to do during the course of a week but shoot them down fairly easily.

Your solution is to commit to those whims with blind determination simply as an exercise in self discipline. Whether they be errands around the house, applying for a job, working out or starting a hobby, just start straight away and commit to it like a video game or a mission.
>>
>>18630500
Hey there, I'm not gonna copypaste, but you can read my full post to a similar question over here:
>>18631229

>tl;dr:
>Don't worry about it; it's the feeling that you're supposed to be doing something else in your life that eats you from the inside.
>But you're not. You're in exactly the right place you are supposed to be.

Do what you feel like doing. Act on impulse.
Your future and your life only matters as much as you decide it ought to matter.
>>
Thanks everyone, it's appreciated!
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.