[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok /adv/, this one's a doozy. Please read I really have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: 1440863398794.jpg (82KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
1440863398794.jpg
82KB, 500x750px
Ok /adv/, this one's a doozy. Please read I really have no real life person to turn to.

I've been going out with my first ever girlfriend for almost 2 months now. I think she's cute, she's funny and smart and I definitely like her. But this being my first relationship I'm unsure how to tell whether I actually like her or...maybe things are supposed to feel deeper? I think my feelings for her are superficial, I'm not sure how to tell if I really want to spend the rest of my life with her.

I'm 20 and barely started getting into the dating game, and I finally have a girl that cares for me and wants to be with me, and I don't want to throw it away for selfish reasons. I find myself looking at girls at work who have better bodies or pretty faces.

She took my virginity, so I don't know if I'm just attached to her because of that or I actually like her. I'm also scared that I'm only staying with her because I know I can't do better. All my other friends tell me they 'clicked' with their girlfriend immediately, and we had no such moment. We definitely have chemistry but maybe that's just because I am a social and "joker"-type person.

TL;DR how do I know whether I really like a girl
>>
>she's smart

Women aren't smart bro, that's your dick talking lol
>>
>>18630232

You may never feel better about a person than her. You might just not produce the same chemical response that other people do. So possibly you like her her as much as you'll really like anyone.

But a separate issue is whether you still want to go out and be single/dating again. It's a hard thing to just start to get into dating and find yourself locked out of it shortly after you begin. I stuck with the first girl I lost my virginity to for way too long out of a sense of obligation (dumb, I know). I loved her, but I also lost a lot of time I could have been playing the field and years later I view it as a poor choice to stick with her for so long. Your experience may vary.
>>
>>18630232
I've been with my girl for almost 4 years now, so I'll give you my perspective.

Emotions are complicated. I don't know what it means to "click" with someone at all and I never have. My girl and I didn't click, we built a mutual respect and affection for each other over years of friendship. Dating wasn't an "aha" moment so much as a natural progression. With that said, here's some questions I would suggest you ask yourself:

1. Are you bored when you're with her, specifically bored of her company?
-- I feel bored most of the time but never of my girl's company.

3. Do you feel content, or peaceful?
-- Happiness is momentary and you shouldn't expect to feel it all the time. Look for stability and peace in a relationship; basically, look to feel comfortable most of the time and happy sometimes.

4. Are you thinking of other women out of sexual desire, or emotional longing?
-- You're going to think about others sexually forever so don't focus too much on that.

5. Are you feeling down or depressed about this?
-- You probably should feel down about your relationship.

At the risk of sounding like a faggot, don't worry too much about it. As long as you are open and receptive to love, you'll find it eventually. It will come. So do what feels right to you. If you think you two aren't working well together, talk to her about it. Let her know what's happening in your head. In a serious relationship, you share problems. She should be able to handle your thoughts. If not, you're already off to a bad start. Maybe in talking about it, you'll see something new in her that ignites that "spark." Or you might figure out why you two won't work. Either way, an answer will come to you. Good luck, comrade.
>>
>>18630268
You probably shouldn't feel down about your relationship.*

I proofread that twice and still missed that. I might be retarded, so careful about listening to my advice.
>>
>>18630268

This is good advice
>>
>>18630239
>>18630239
>>18630239
This.
>>
She could be just a fuckbuddy, not girlfriend material. The fact that the sex you had with her is the only memorable thing you remember about her proves this.
>>
>>18630232
A strong relation is a built relation. If you find someone that you can trust and go along with it, you have to take the step. This meaning commiting to the relation
A strong relation is build with mutual respect and in time. Sexual attraction fades away in time.
Find someone that;s not boring you, be somehow attracted to her appearance, and start building the trust bridge. And be prepared to make huge sacrifices.
And yes, it's important to be sexualy attracted to eachother aswell. Not the most important thing but a thing .
>>
>>18630363

When did I say the only memorable thing about her is the sex we had?

I brought it up because I know having sex releases "bonding" chemicals in your brain, I don't know if my attachment to her is genuine feelings or just biological imperative.
>>
>>18630377
That's the thing, you don't really seem that into her from the way you describe her from your post. You said that you both never clicked and you're only with her because you think you can't find anyone else (which is wrong thinking by the way). You need to get over your fear and break up because it's pretty clear you have zero interest in her.
>>
>>18630346
Yeah, you deffo should feel down about your relationship.
It's the only way to make it last.
>>
>>18630383

I should think it would be obvious how head-over-heels I am with her, I made this thread to ask whether these strong feelings are genuine or just a result of my intense loneliness and latching onto the first girl to show me interest.

I am mostly wondering about the odds that the first girl I date is the girl who is right for me, that there's no need for me to date others to be certain of that. If I break up with her to test that, and it turns out she was the one all along, I'm not going to get her back.
>>
>>18630383

and by 'never clicked' I don't mean we don't relate on any level, we definitely discovered some obscure mutual understandings that I think would be hard to find in others, I mean it wasn't a sudden epiphany or like an instant thing, it was more of a comfortable 'settling-in' with someone I had known for a long time, even though we had only known each other for a few weeks before I asked her out.
>>
>>18630395
Ok here's what I'm gonna tell you to do: go out and talk to more girls. You have like zero experience in women, you're only latching onto her because she's your first. It's understandable, getting your first computer, luxury car, house is always a really special experience but it's not the end of the world. Trust me, your feelings are just a mixture of anxiety and curiousity, you don't actually love her, you're just afraid of going back to square one and being single again after you found your first girlfriend. You just have to learn to get over your fear, that's all.
>>
File: 105.jpg (79KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
105.jpg
79KB, 500x500px
>>18630403

that's scary anon

It's not like I'm not happy with her, I just don't know what it feels like to love someone.
>>
>>18630409
Define "happy with her"? In what way does she make you happy? Do you actually enjoy spending time with her or do you feel like you could be using your time better whenever you're with her? Does she actually like you back as much as you like her?

Also, talk to as many girls as you can. It's not cheating as long as you don't sleep in bed with them. You'll probably find a girl that'll make you completely forget about your first gf in seconds if you bother to try.
>>
>>18630416

Just happy, man, I don't know. When I lay in bed with her, not even having sex or anything, I don't even worry about what I should/could be doing, in fact I pointed it out to her that I don't mind wasting an entire day in bed because I enjoy her company that much. She's small and warm and soft and gets really squirmy and it's the cutest thing.

That's another thing, I think she likes me a whole lot more than I like her, another thing that I've told her. That's not to say I don't like her beyond a schoolyard crush. But after years of solitude I think it will just take a while for me to get used to actually having someone there. She's had boyfriends before me so she's not new to this.

I do talk to a lot of girls, especially at work. They don't compare, and though I'm sure you're rolling your eyes, it's true. They all seem like meatheads to me. My girl is at least insightful and can figure things out /almost/ as fast as I can.
>>
>>18630431
I don't know man, to me it just seems like you're in love with the sex you have with her, which is fine, everyone likes to fuck a few people on the side whom they aren't actually emotionally attached to. Sex is satisfying, but it's not all there is to a relationship and it's definitely not the most important thing in a relationship either.

Maybe you didn't give the other girls a chance like you did to that gf and that's why they all look so bad to you, because you're limiting your field of view. I'm not saying that she's not a good gf, I'm just saying that you're limiting your options for no reason. You're 20, have money, you're desirable by many women. Explore your options.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.