[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If i step into a machine that records my entire body on an atomic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: woweeohboi.jpg (44KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
woweeohboi.jpg
44KB, 630x420px
If i step into a machine that records my entire body on an atomic level while destroying it in an instant and then reassembles it somewhere else, am I a clone?
>>
>>18629678
Well, parts of you are being destroyed every moment.
Are you a clone right now?
>>
Yes a clone as the original matter is not retained
>>
>>18629678
Definitely. If the machine were to malfunction and failed to destroy the original, there would be two versions of you.
>>
There was a point in Star Trek when that transporter malfunctioned and there was two of some guy.
>>
>>18629678
You realize that a teleporter is impossible by the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle, right?

Roddenberry wrote one into his show because it was a way to put his characters down on planets without wasting time with shuttles.
>>
>>18629692
Best comment. Idk what the people saying it would be clone are on about.
>>
>>18629867
People used to think trains would kill you because your guts would fly out your butthole.
>>
This plays into interesting concepts around perspective and framing. It really depends on who is asking the question. From my perspective you'd be identical in every way and I'd never need to know any differently. The world would still see you. From your perspective you'd have just died and now a copy of you would go out into the world and carry out your role. You cannot know if be aware of this because you couldn't know the mind and thoughts of another just like you cannot now. It is kind of alarming that the world already sees you like this, not as your unique consciousness, but instead by the role and actions you perform within the world as viewed through the eyes of others. It is one of the unsettling parts of the human condition.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.