[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I think I'm addicted to politics. The time I spend thinking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1502629460079.jpg (96KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1502629460079.jpg
96KB, 500x500px
I think I'm addicted to politics.

The time I spend thinking about it or watching news/videos doesn't help my career, my /fit/ gains, my future, my quest to find a qt wife, or anything. But I can't stop checking out whatever the latest news is and getting outraged about it.

Is political addiction a real thing? Any suggestions/help?
>>
>>18629448
I wouldn't be surprised if it actually is a real addiction. You may feel the need to search for more content that reinforces your worldview. I mean, that's not inherently bad, it's pretty much how humans work, but if it makes you waste a lot of time you should definitely try to get rid of it.

How about you spend some time offline? It shouldn't come as a surprise that the internet is one of the greatest sources of distraction ever created.
>>
>>18629448
>Is political addiction a real thing?
In the roman republic, it was considered a duty for free citizens to involve themselves in politics. If you're living in a Democratic State it is your duty to as a citizen maintain that State.

>my career, my /fit/ gains, my future, my quest to find a qt wife
All of those things are dependent on the well being of your State, be it Economy or Liberty wise.
>>
>>18629448
>>18629503
And adding on to my previous post, no, Political Addiction is not a thing.
>>
>>18629448
Do something about it. Attend rallies. Write your congressman. Run for local office. Either that or find an actual hobby so you're not obsessing over these things.
>>
Yeah it's real. I have similar problem. I try to only look at news in the morning and look at sports/entertainment at nights but it's hard since out culture is so political now it's everywhere
>>
>>18629448
Your passion for politics may actually help you to find a like-minded qt or a career that you enjoy.

>>18629503
>All of those things are dependent on the well being of your State, be it Economy or Liberty wise.

:^D
>>
>>18629448
>Is political addiction a real thing?
Yes and no. While it is utterly absurd to pretend that someone could become physically addicted to politics, psychological addictions exist and can be just as hard to kick.

When you experience any feeling or emotion, your brain produces chemicals and releases hormones into your body. It is possible to become addicted to these chemicals. This addiction combined with Pavlovian conditioning (that is the association of a certain specific action with a certain specific consequence) can cause a phenomenon known as a psychological addiction. In simple terms, your brain wants the delicious chemicals your body makes when angry and associates politics with getting angry; hence, read politics get chems. Not receiving these chemicals can cause the body to produce depressants that make you feel bad, which makes quitting the addiction hard. It is possible to become psychologically addicted to absolutely anything: video games, television, movies, books, eating, weight lifting, etc. Fortunately, psychological addictions cannot kill you the way some physical addictions can.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.