[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need some help. Is going to college as an out of state student

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1329.jpg (90KB, 821x634px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1329.jpg
90KB, 821x634px
Need some help. Is going to college as an out of state student to Seattle a good idea? I got a 28 on my ACT, a fairly consist B average throughout high school, though I didn't really participate in any extracirccular activities and have never had a job. I've always wanted to live in Seattle, partially because I want to get away from my shit family life and out of the hellhole town and state I live in. I want a fresh start, but I'm trying to be realistic about my odds. What's the best plan?
>>
>>18629182
If you're sure you can get it all paid for without loans that aren't federal and subsidized, then sure.
It wouldn't be great if you stuck within a state without any relatives, and had about 10 thousand hanging over your head.
>>
>>18629182
Seattle is incredibly expensive. I had a friend move there after college who is currently working 2 jobs AND living with a roommate just to keep a roof above his head.
Is living in the city super important to you, and do you think you'd be able to afford it? Homelessness is also rampant there from what I've heard.
>>
File: IMG_1407.jpg (72KB, 750x708px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1407.jpg
72KB, 750x708px
>>18629730
Probably not, no. Family is dirt poor, part of the reason I wanna leave since I live in one of the poorest states, and while I'm sure I can get some federal aid and s half decent scholarship, I'll admit I know it's not the best option. Still, I'm fucking in love with the city, and not too sure what else might be better
>>
>>18629955
What state do you live in? You'll probably end up paying next to nothing if you stay in-state with federal aid.
>>
>>18629182
You WILL live outside city limits. Or you will live in a 150sq/ft shithole. Its crazy expensive here. If you can get a place along a busline that takes you to UW its worth it to live in like, Shoreline or Lynnwood. But they suck so
>>
>>18629182
What I got from your paragraph is that you're a fucking retard. You got mildly high grades and slightly above average test scores so you feel entitled.

>going to out of state college
Fucking expensive and retarded

>living in major city
Fucking expensive and retarded

>having literally no life experience, such as sports or a fucking job
Yeah, you've never had a job and average slightly above average grades and you want to move to a major city.

The only way I see this as not completely fucking yourself is that your parents are rich and will be funding you (but you hate them) or you got some sort of inheritance

Go to community college, or if you really have to leave your parents (with literally no experience of making money or life experiences in school) don't go out of state and just move away and go to a university if you must.

You will learn very soon life is not easy lmao
>>
File: IMG_1404.jpg (120KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1404.jpg
120KB, 1024x768px
>>18629969
Arkansas, unfortunately.
>>
>>18630413
Christ, you're a bitter cunt aren't you?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.