[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've decided I want to work at a cell phone retail store,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: tarnator.jpg (35KB, 300x315px) Image search: [Google]
tarnator.jpg
35KB, 300x315px
I've decided I want to work at a cell phone retail store, because it's the perfect low-skill, part time job for me while I go to school. So, I figure there are about ten or twenty stores within distance of me. I decided to hand in a cover letter*, a resume I have had several professionals look over, and a letter or two of recommendation from my friends (who are older professionals). I'm going to quickly ask for the manager's business card. Then I'll return, with all of the papers described above in a packet with the same formatting. For the interview, I'm fully ready to explain myself honestly, and to express why I'm a good fit for the job. I have some baby's first formal clothes, because that's all I can afford, but they don't look too cheap or anything.

Do you guys think one of the ten or twenty places will hire me? I really, really need a job, and this is one of the few jobs I can do right now.

*letter addressed to the hiring person, explaining why you are fit for the job and would like the job
>>
Tell us, why ARE you a good fit for the job?

Also they're not going to hire you if they don't have any vacancies.
>>
>>18629076

As far as consumer electronics go, cell phones are my favorite, even more so than PC's. I keep up on all the latest news, even down to following the prices and deals that each manufacturer and carrier offers. I do this all on my own time, because I'm just interested in the stuff. I have experience in customer service, retail, and promotion. My hours are completely open and flexible, except for Mondays and Wednesdays (when I attend school). I don't have sales experience, but I'm only 21, so it's definitely not too late to learn. I also don't care much about what the wages are, and don't mind working part-time with rotating shifts. I'm a polite and non-prejudiced person who grooms themselves well, so I think I'll be able to work with the public on a retail level.

I can't imagine that being someone who sells cell phone plans and moves cell phones on the floor is much more than that. You think there won't be any openings out of the 10 to 20 stores? I have no idea.
>>
>>18629061
Manager here, done lots of hiring and interviews. Pro tip: keep your intentions on being helpful and you'll be fine.
>>
>>18629113
If that is your awnser to this question, I recommend you to make it shorter and briefer, because it feels like a script awnser.

Otherwise, that's a solid awnser.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.