[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>meet shy girl through mutual friends a while ago >see

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: Cannot unsee.png (349KB, 331x669px) Image search: [Google]
Cannot unsee.png
349KB, 331x669px
>meet shy girl through mutual friends a while ago
>see her at gatherings a couple times a year
>every time I learn a bit more about how similar we are
>she's the same kind of autist as me and we share a very unlikely set of uncommon interests and preferences
>mutual friend who's known me forever sometimes say we're a perfect match
>too shy to talk to her one on one with other people around
>no opportunities to talk to her alone due to the nature of our gatherings
>she doesn't flirt or send signals of any kind, but neither do I
>could be my imagination, but I believe I notice her glancing at me sometimes, when I'm not looking
I'm a virgin in my mid 20s and pretty insecure, but I'm willing to take my chances with her. Would it be weird or creepy to ask her out through text out of the blue? Should I wait until we see each other again and do it in person, in front of people? Any general advice? Experiences with similar situations?
>>
>>18629025
I'd say go ahead..

Which do you prefer:

1. To feel bad from not doing it and regret it forever? (If only I had tried....)
2. Take a chance and maybe have something meaningful with someone at fucking last?

It is a given that you might not succeed, but if so , what? You say you don't really see her much anyway..

You will probably regret it if you don't try. I think you should do it and see what happens.

Fucking ditch the regrets. There's not enough time for regret in this shitty and short life.

You go man.
>>
File: IMG_1265.jpg (95KB, 640x623px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1265.jpg
95KB, 640x623px
I asked a girl for their num and got it today. You learn to destroy any chance of regret by fucking taking the chance. What's the worst that could happen amigo?
>>
>>18629069
You misunderstand, I definitely will try, and I will do it without overthinking. Honestly, even if we don't click romantically, I'd love to be closer friends with her than we are right now, so I'm not gonna allow myself to catch feels before I know where this is going.

I'm just not sure if texting her out of nowhere is the right course of action, after knowing her for more than a year and only interacting platonically in group settings.
>>
>>18629025
I wouldn't ask her out in front of other people, it might make her nervous. Try to get her to the side and then do it.
>>
>>18629091
Ah, then try to get to talk to her for awhile next time you see her, and ask for her number personally.. Otherwise it'll be weird. When you're talking to her in person mention to her to have some coffee or a beer together sometime(or something you feel might be nice).

You could also text her out of the blue, but the outcome will be totally unexpected, cause maybe she does not like texting or whatever.

I'd try talking to her face to face, but if you really want to get it going asap then text her and risk it.

It's up to you.
>>
>>18629117
Even if it didn't make her nervous, it'd make me nervous, and I don't need that additional nervousness at all, but there's only so many options I have. There's no "to the side", it's always all our friends sitting in a large circle, basically.

I could do it subtly, without making it clear that it's a date, but I'm afraid the rest of our friends would want to come too and that I'd immediately end up on the slipperly slop to the friend zone.

Outside of texting her, the only other option is waiting for her outside her house, but that's obviously not gonna be it.
>>
>>18629128
>ask for her number personally
No need, we're in the same group chat, I've already messaged her privately for platonic occasions.

It's gonna be neither beer nor coffee, since she doesn't like either, but I already have something in mind she might like. At least I have good reasons to believe she'll like it. Also, she low key mentioned a movie she'd like to go see, but nobody picked up on it. She's a bit of a weeb and I'm gonna make this cute.
>>
>>18629149
You could call her
>>
>>18629149
If you can't get her alone ever, just ask her if she wants to hang out then over text. You don't have to say it's a date. Just go to a nice cafe and offer to buy her meal.
>>
>>18629176
I hate phonecalls, for me it's either gotta be in person or through text. I don't have her number, nobody around here calls each other or sends actual texts anymore, it's all instant messaging.

>>18629188
We share the same favorite food, but it's something seasonal and it's not gonna be back in season for months. I just so happen to know a place that serves something related all year round not too far from where she's living and it's neither popular among her peers nor does she live there long enough to have run into it for sure. I was gonna tell her about it and that she might like it and then add "I was gonna go there this [day of the week] anyway, want me to pick you up?" and then just see where it goes from there. If she says no, maybe "another time then" or "wanna go somewhere else instead?", if she say yes, peachy.
>>
>>18629211
Yeah, that sounds good. Good luck, dude.
>>
>>18629170
Well there you go you already have a plan.

I can tell you are a thinking guy. Thinking is great because it lets you plan for the future but you can easily get trapped in a loop.

There comes a point where all you can do by thinking on youe plan further is think of ways it can fail. And there will always be ways since your knowledge is finite especially regarding other people's thoughts.

Your thinking has to come to decisive action. At one point you have to say to yourself "Ok that's enough I will do this and see how it goes"

Otherwise you will come short in all aspects of life.
>>
>>18629226
Thanks mate, I'll do my best.

>>18629227
I've already learned that lesson the very very harsh way. Don't worry, I'm not thinking further ahead and I'm not afraid of failing or getting rejected. I'm actually more afraid of her saying yes and me having to perform past my plans, but I'm not letting that hinder me. I probably wouldn't exist if my dad's first date with my mom went according to his plans, she fell for him because of how he improvised after everything went off the rails. So I'll trust myself to make it work somehow as well.
>>
I would chat with her through text and see what she's like, then ask her out if it goes alright.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.