[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw fell for the don't go to uni meme >20 year old

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: mfw.png (293KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.png
293KB, 633x758px
>tfw fell for the don't go to uni meme
>20 year old dropout with no life opportunities living with a depressed single-mother that I can't leave alone for more than one hour

What do I do? What the hell do I do?
>>
>>18628933
Because 20 is too old too learn or accomplish anything, so you might as well just kill yourself
>>
>>18628939
I know I have plenty of time but I simply have no idea what to do and I don't want to cause my parents unnecessary suffering.
>>
Haha sissy! I bet you haven't even PHUGGED in college!
[spoiler]I haven't ;_;[/spoiler]
>>
>>18628933
community college
trade school
vocational school

avoid the private scam ones
it's just 1 or 2 years
there's a ton of tradie jobs
the pay is more than what most liberal farts majors make after college
>>
>>18628933
Being this stupid you would have failed at uni anyways. You are doomed to a life of mediocre and underpayed jobs.
>>
>>18628933
I'm tired of hearing lil' bitches whine about being 20, like their entire life is over. Stoop, if you want to be in college, then go to college. At least you have a fucking mom who wants you around. That means you can live with her while you go to college. Problem solved, if you'd just do something productive for once.
>>
'Don't go to uni' doesn't mean be a fucking NEET, you moron. Go to college, get a job, do SOMETHING and stop complaining that your life is shit if it's all within your control.
>>
>>18628977
there's no point in going to community college for an associate's if you aren't at least going to transfer and get your bachelor's from a state university. op is right that college-phobia is really stupid.

trades are good, and you'll make a lot of money, but you have to be a hardened sort of guy - not for the work itself (although that helps), but for all of the degeneracy you'll be encountering (non-union bosses having you slave in bullshit conditions, people doing hard drugs and so on...). op should keep that in mind.

private is not necessarily a scam. I would say that it's overkill for what most people want to do, but there are some cases where a private school has a specialty in something like business or vocal performance, and a degree from that specific school will be an in, so to speak.

also art school and liberal arts gets a bad rep because it's very often chosen by people who don't have any real career aspirations. it's their fault they don't have a real job, not the degree's.
>>
I'm 20 and I'm enrolling into CS this year.
Why would you think 20 is too late, faggot.

Also, people say don't go to uni because you should go to trade school. For americunts it can make sense since the wage is good (If you work a union job) and you are not in debt for your entire life.

I'm european so free ride for me.
>>
Dude don't you have any interests? Like building things, or languages, or whatever man, what do you enjoy? Maybe you should try to find what rings your bell before doing anything. Maybe you like fuckin trains or mechanical jobs and there is a good school and jobs around. Just try to find what pulls your strings and try it. Or at least pick the thing that you despise the least. But don't go mindlessly doing shit you don't like. That's a wasted life sentence.

And when you discover what you do like, try to progress into it's direction, litte by little enjoying the fucking way man, cause life is all about walking the path, so try enjoy the ride through.
>>
>>18628999
This. If you want to be, I don't know, a graphic designer. going to university is probably not going to do more for you than getting into a specific course. But you still have to do that.

Same goes for every job that doesn't require a degree. You shouldn't waste your money on a degree you don't need, but you shouldn't expect getting the job of your dreams if you don't work for it either.
>>
>>18629005
>there's no point in going to community college for an associate's if you aren't at least going to transfer and get your bachelor's from a state university.

I disagree. I went back and got a trade AAS for the fulfillment aspect. It may sound stupid but once I finished it it was a load off my shoulders that I had been carrying since I had dropped out several years prior. However, to get into a trade of a specific job you really only need the certificates that take 1 or 2 semesters.
>>
>>18629934
Is an AAS something that turns into a bachelor's degree? I'm not familiar with all of that. I'm in a one-year program at my community college, and I'm very excited about the job opportunity it's going to offer. I think they had an AAS version of it or something like that.

Guess I misspoke. Good on ya.
>>
>>18630010
No, the AAS is what's known as a terminal degree. It only has the bare minimum of academic courses and the rest is made up of technical courses specific to whatever your major is. It's designed so that once you finish it you are literally ready for a job. The tradeoff is that you get fast access to the classes that teach you a job at the cost of missing out on most of the "basics" that community college transfer degrees(AA/AS) are made up of.

Something to note is that these days tech degrees are being broken down into stackable certificates because community colleges have gotten a lot of flak over the dropout rates. However, when you look past the stats a lot of times it's because during the course of their studies people get a job in the field and as experience is valued a LOT more than the AAS degree itself in trades they have no further reason to come back. Their goal, a job, has been met. This is why they're making certificates, they know that some people will find a job well before the 2 years are up so rather than just have them counted as a drop out the colleges give them a cert and gets to collect a partial reward of some federal money.

I very much like the setup though, I researched more about it and talked to the head of my department about what really goes on behind the scenes. The technical side of community colleges is actively reconfiguring these programs to what the local industry needs to give the student the best shot at a local job. If you look at a local community college's offerings you can usually get an idea of what the local industry is like in a city. If you're interested in community colleges in general I recommend this book. It totally changed my perspective on CC's and gave me a very deep sense of respect for them.
>>
>>18628933
you have internet access which means you have access to unlimited knowledge

start learning skills that can make you money
learn a language
art, animation, writing, programing, design, network engineering

you got plenty of time but start now

either that or start working out so you can unload trucks
>>
>>18628933
The advantage to no uni is you get into working and earning money 4-5 years earlier without 50-100k in loans. Sitting around til you're 30 to get your shit in order is retarded.

If you aren't the type to do some work with your hands (electrician, construction, manufacturing, offshore/on shore oil rigs, mining in australia, etc.) then you had bettet get your fucking ass in uni to get a stem degree.

Oil and mining contracts probably pay the most but you do 2-3 week shifts in and off shore but again if you a dainty pussy you won't last or even get an interview.
>>
>>18628933
Kitchen work is a filler job for those who want to to work, and a career for people who love food beyond stuffing it in their mouth.

Never do culinary school. Your average place will take proven line experience over a degree. At my current job I can out cook our culinary grad on the line. We also have a tech-bro turned sou-chef who will have his own place in a few years.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.