[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello frens. Do you know any suggestions to raise willpower

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 902.jpg (61KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
902.jpg
61KB, 1000x800px
Hello frens.

Do you know any suggestions to raise willpower and determination?

Thanks
>>
>>18628096
>Do you know any suggestions to raise willpower and determination?
Yes.
>>
>>18628098
dotn be meen please
>>
What do you specifically need willpower and determination for?
>>
>>18628107
Doing things that go beyond basic stuff like working or other chores.

Whenever I try to do such things, like hobbies or personal study, I get frustrated and bored after one-two days and drop them, even though I'd like to follow them thoroughly. It's like I can't put up with dealing more, fren.
>>
>>18628108
Well you probably wont like the answer I got for you, but so far no one has been able to increase their willpower, popularize their finding and get it accepted.
On the other hand making something second nature to you or making it automatic that is being unconsciously competent at it which essentially means not investing much willpower in the activity because it "just happens" has been discovered long time ago and accepted.
Now how to accomplish this part depends heavily upon what activity/learning material you are interested in.
If you are willing to reveal what specifically you are interested in learning I might be able to give you more specific tips on how to make them habitual so you dont have to exert much willpower to get it done, else i can just give you some general tips if thats what you prefer
>>
>>18628124
General tips are fine, thanks
>>
>>18628135
Measure what is your maximum effort/time taken in whatever activity you are interested in until you get fatigued.
Then do 25% of that every day without fail for the next 2 weeks.
Then increase it to 50% and do it for another 4 weeks without skipping a day.
And so on increasing the effort/time taken by at most 25% every time and increasing the time to adjust to such effort by doubling the previous amount of weeks.

It can get even more general than that and it is this:
Start small and practice it every day consistently while stretching yourself every once in a while so you dont just maintain but improve as well.
>>
>>18628154
If I actually manage to do that, it would be great. Thanks fren for the tip
>>
Just get out of bed at 5 or 6am and make the bed immediately. Do this every weekday
>>
>>18628096
Spite helps
>>
>>18628096
iz useliss
>>
>>18628096
L-love is a motivation besides just doing it
>>
Motivation isn't what you need anon.
Motivation is fleeting. You need discipline. An example would be people who go to the gym regularly is because of discipline.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.