[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I bother trying to date? >degree and Masters in Psych

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

Should I bother trying to date?

>degree and Masters in Psych
>CELTA Qual
>Diploma in HR
>go into three different jobs (contract)
>end and find out its really not for me
>currently not employed for 3 months but starting course in IT

That's my situation, here is my profile

>5'3
>East Asian ethnically
>UK based
>like vidya, books and anime
>no drink,no drugs
>good family
>introvert but happy to socialize in small groups or 1 to 1 with friends

I have thought of Tinder but considering how I have heard and know there is a fair amount of pickiness on this app, I think I am pretty cold in the market.

Any advice?
>>
>>18628026

Why do you open your thread about dating with your job resume/CV?
>>
>>18628030
I think it would be important as well to know something besides unemployed and going to study and if it would be of any use at all in the dating sphere assuming I even got to that point.
>>
>>18628041

You are treating dating like a transaction, man. You are trying to impress us: "I'm currently unemployed, but look at what I did beforehand!!". All your hobbies are things you do alone at home.

Dating is having fun with someone else. Your job doesn't matter. Just start doing shit with people if you want to start dating. Even using an app assumes you can set up a date, right?
>>
>>18628052
>trying to impress you

Wasn't meant to come across like that. Just if I gave the second greentext it would be stupid tiny amount to work off.

Well, the thing is I KIND of see it like that. I am in my latter 20s, so from what I know a lot of women my age, give or take a few, would not be looking for just a fun date. I don't want to have one night stands so I am looking or should I say, be interested in long term relations.

So I don't have much of a value on the dating market. So its why I am asking here, well, in my situation, how could I go about it?

I obviously plan to get a career going but I still don't have a source of income, so how could I sell myself to women who I would like?

For context I am also mainly interested in East Asian women (open to others too) but a lot of the type of women I can think of, who I'd like to be with, would drop me like a hot sack of bricks once they heard "unemployed, studying, no career".

That's why I am here.
>>
>>18628060
>so how could I sell myself to women who I would like?

So we will just keep using commercial terms to talk? Ok, you can do it. I won't.

>so from what I know a lot of women my age, give or take a few, would not be looking for just a fun date.

What do you know? How many dates have you had in the last year or two?
>>
>>18628065
Sorry bout the commercial talk. That's just my thought pattern right now.

I haven't been on a date in the sense that we're both interested in checking each other or seeking a relationship. Still a bachelor and all that.

But I have gone out and met with a girl who I was interested in but found out she wasn't single. We still kept as friends though.

Short answer: I don't know much.
>>
>>18628073
>I don't know much.

Yet you feel educated enough to tell me what girls want. Do you see the problem here?

You come to this board asking for advice but you already made up your mind about how things are. Kinda hard to help you if you think you have everything figured out.
>>
>>18628082
I get you. Well, would you have any advice putting aside my assumptions?
>>
>>18628084
>Dating is having fun with someone else.

>Just start doing shit with people if you want to start dating.

You won't get a date on LinkedIn. Pick up some classes, do volunteer work, go to anime cons, do whatever you want as long as you can meet people there.
>>
>>18628089
Alright. Well, I talked about Tinder initially. Do you think its worth it given my physical profile and interests?
>>
>>18628091

As I said, you interests worry me. What are you gonna do when asking her out? Where are you gonna take a girl? Have you thought about that?
>>
>>18628097
Maybe out to a bite to eat? I go with my friends (some who are girls) to restaurants frequently, or coffee. I am just going to ask "would you like to meet up for lunch/coffee sometime"?

Stuff like that.
>>
>>18628103

If things go well, where would the second date be?
>>
>>18628111
Maybe a film and coffee? I would think I'd have had an idea about chemistry as I did try to pursue a girl before. If it was good after the film and coffee, maybe hang out at my house? Problem is things to do as I like video games but for a lot of people that can be a turn off so I need to be careful about presenting that.
>>
>>18628118

That's what I was getting to. Notice how all you do is talk about going to eat or a movie. You don't like concerts, parks, waterparks, or anything that might be different or interesting. your idea of a date is eating or watching a screen.

Where did you meet those friends you hang out with? What do you guys do together?
>>
>>18628130
I love theatre. I go to theatre when I can on trips to London and things like that. I am not one for waterparks though. Normally when I go out with my friends we hang out at a starbucks, cinema, Chinese tea place, park, or just go around the city centre.
>>
>>18628137

Great, now you have a lot of things to do before trying to push video games on her!
>>
>>18628146
Wasn't going to push it on her to begin with, just introducing her to the fact I play them at all. Alright, I will try my luck. For setting up a Tinder account would you suggest not using a FB photo or should I just go with whatever?
>>
>>18628147

That's where I'm lost. I don't use dating Apps, sorry.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.