[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I found out there's a possibility my father may have cancer.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1490397856997.jpg (133KB, 620x368px) Image search: [Google]
1490397856997.jpg
133KB, 620x368px
I found out there's a possibility my father may have cancer. Since I found out I can't bring myself to have much motivation or smile. Anyone have any advice?
>>
Cancer is a long, horrible, road but there is light at the end and more times often than not, hope.

My mother had 40% to live and now she is cancer free for months. Keep positive and be the best man(or woman) you can be.
>>
>>18627546
time to make a baby, anon
(im sort of serious)
>>
File: images.jpg (14KB, 221x229px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
14KB, 221x229px
take him out back
>>
well, "may" is a "may"
a friend of mine had a large chance of getting cancer and didn't in the end
just try to make everyone think positive, especially your father, and wait to see how it turns out
>>
>>18627546
I'm going to say something hurtful but necessary:

This story is not about you.

Whatever you're feeling is nothing compared to what he's going through, and your role in this drama is NOT to feel sorry for yourself but to give him all the support you can.
>>
Take care of your father and visit him as often as you can while still forcing yourself to stay motivated. My father was diagnosed with cancer December 2015 and he passed away a few weeks after my birthday in June of this year. It was terrible but I tried to stay positive and happy and I made sure he knew how much I loved him. He wouldn't want me to wallow in pity, but to take the unfortunate circumstances and use them to motivate me to truly live my life. Best of luck, anon. Stay strong, not just yourself but also your father.
>>
Both my parents died from cancer in 1 year.

Nothing can really prepare you for this. In fact halfway through you will be numb to all the pain and just push through. You will forget the shrivelled husk your loved one became and only remember the good things you had together. You will be relieved once it's all over.
>>
>>18627761
Here
>>18627765
>You will be relieved once it's all over.
I hate to agree with this, because it sounds so negative, but it's true. My father's death changed who I am as a person, but I find comfort in knowing that he doesn't have to suffer anymore. When I think about him, I don't even think of him going through chemo or how his mind slowed from a quick wit to needing pauses to collect his thoughts. I just remember him as he was before. I don't say that as some comforting bullshit to only remember the good thoughts. Once they pass, the pain and struggle just sort of fades away and you're left with the memories from before.
>>
>>18627759
This. You need to smile and be strong for him. This is the support and love he needs.
>>
>>18627546
Well, my mother has had cancer twice (skin cancer), and my father once (prostate cancer). They're both alive and well nowadays (although he had to cut off one of his balls...)
The point is that there is still hope.
>>
>>18627546
You find out who your real friends are if he dies. My mother died of cancer when I was 11. I got boxes of checks from so many people. Only about 3 or 4 of them actually showed up or gave a call to see if we were ok.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.