[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So /adv/, I'm in a bit of a problem situation right now.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1

File: joemuskaface.jpg (19KB, 253x296px) Image search: [Google]
joemuskaface.jpg
19KB, 253x296px
So /adv/, I'm in a bit of a problem situation right now.

I'm 26 and I have a B.A. in English, which I received in 2014. I went to college purely out of pressure from my family, getting really good financial aide, and my well-off grandpa fronting the money. I only really went with that major because it was the only subject matter I could bullshit my way through.

I have no real prospects or skills, and my resume is just retail. I currently work at a grocery store, but I realized way too late that I basically fucked myself over by being too emotionally immature for my age and not choosing something that could get me a comfortable living.

Now here are the upsides to my situation:

a) I have no debt.

b) I'm about to inherit roughly 60k from said-Grandpa who is now deceased.

c) I have a degree, and therefore my core requirements are fulfilled

Yeah, yeah. I know, I'm a spoiled little shit, but my immediate family is far from financially secure and my parents have been in debt up until quite recently. My point is, I want to use this money to finance another degree while I'm still young enough to do so.

I'm trying to narrow down my options of economically viable majors, and the two that stand out to me are IT and Accounting. Now, I know fuck all about the intricacies of how computer technology works, but I'm willing to learn seeing as how I wasted 90% of my life idling in front of the internet. On the other hand, accounting seems easier to learn, and from what I can tell, a career in IT requires lifelong dedication to keeping up with changing technologies.

Every other source I go to always tells me to pursue something I'm "passionate" for, but I'm not passionate about anything that isn't childish bullshit (gaming, anime, etc). I just want something that could give me a viable living and support my lifestyle. I just don't know which of the two options to pick. Is there any way to get an idea of how each field functions first?
>>
>>18627303
Seriously fuck the fuck off with your spammy bullshit.
Thread posts: 2
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.