[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone deal with panic/anxiety attacks? I've been getting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

Anyone deal with panic/anxiety attacks? I've been getting them twice a week for three weeks now. They last for 20-30 minutes a time. It hasn't interfered with my work or relationships but they are super unpleasant to go through. My heart starts racing, I feel dizzy and my mind starts acting like I'm in danger. I saw a doctor and he said I'm healthy but show signs of stress. I'm not bad enough that he can prescribe Xanax in his opinion but told me to come back if it gets worse.

I was given some breathing exercises and highly urged to start exercising and eating healthier. I plan on doing these things but what do you do personally to calm yourself and bring down the attacks?
>>
Panic Attacks are made worse by giving them more power than they deserve. They won't kill you or harm you, and if you go into a mentality of if you have one you will get through it without any problems, they start to happen less and less.

I used to get them at least once a day, and by adopting this mentality I have them maybe once every other week and they typically only last about 2 minutes. It took a lot of patience work, and trial and error, but they are way better now.

Anti-depressants can help, but I chose to do it without it. Doesn't mean that you shouldn't, everyone is different. Also getting a good therapist can help.

Good luck,

- a former Social Worker
>>
>>18626871
this

treating them like some huge fucking diagnosed condition is idiotic. at the beginning of them you can just opt out. so when you start to feel it happening, tell yourself hey, this is fucking stupid lol im not gonna submit to this emotion. and you can end it right there.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.