[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

OK /adv/ I don't care if I am a goddamn faggot but I need

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: index.jpg (5KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
5KB, 300x168px
OK /adv/ I don't care if I am a goddamn faggot but I need to get rid of my arachnophobia that is exclusive for one specie. Other spiders are no problemo.

As strange as it sounds I am only afraid of daddy long legs spiders. Just by looking at them I feel extreme disgust and terror. I feel weak in my legs by thinking of them.

I live in a part of europe where they are basically the only large spiders and as my house is close to a forest I sometimes have them in my house.

The fear has become so intense that I always keep my window and door (to my room) closed. I still live with my parents and they like to open windows in other rooms of the house, hence why the spiders can enter the house.

It is not an option to closely observe one. I have tried multiple times but it only fills me with more fear and disgust. And I do not want to touch them, I would rather bungee-jump

How do I deal with this arachnophobia? I fear that when I (if I ever) get a girlfriend she will question her relationship when she discovers my fear. I also don't want to have this fear and live a normal life at home.

Thank god I don't live in USA or Australia where the spiders are larger than ur cheeks.
>>
daddy long legs are one of the spiders that cant bite! if they tried, their beaks would break before they even scratched a skin cell. just think about their tiny little ineffectual mouths. try to make friends with them.
>>
>>18627941
Appreciate the answer but the fact they can't bite does not change my fear. What I fear most is their movements, appearance and the thought of them climbing on me
>>
>>18628498
Find someone to put 1 in a jar for you. Keep staring at it until it gets acceptable. Good luck
>>
>>18626634
Valid fear op those things are disgusting and shouldn't exist
>>
Exposure is the treatment for all phobias. You eventually become habituated after enough exposure.

Create a hierarchy of scenarios and situations you wouldn't like to be in, from "It would be uncomfortable to do this" all the way up to "I think I would die doing this" then work your way through the list.

Or you can do something called "flooding" which is basically throwing yourself into a situation with your phobia and waiting for your anxiety to drop during it. Rinse and repeat.

The above is what you would do in CBT therapy.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.