[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I can't enjoy any hobbies I had anymore; gaming is boring,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_20170102_193114.jpg (3MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170102_193114.jpg
3MB, 4160x3120px
I can't enjoy any hobbies I had anymore; gaming is boring, can't find a book to read, I just do shitpost while laying on bed. I'm only training atm but I don't really enjoy that too, just doing that thanks to discipline, I guess.
What now? University lessons start again next month but I'd like something to do on free time when I'm alone.
>>
>>18626027

Join a club at uni if you got free time to kill
>>
>>18626033
I'll do that but I'd like something I can enjoy when I'm alone (apart from masturbation benis xd) or a way to get interested again in gaming / reading.
>>
>>18626027
Try listening to music. Some amazing experiences there.
https://youtube.com/watch?v=hu0kGvKujCg
>>
>>18626051
This gave me the idea to start playing some instrument, maybe I should save for a keyboard since I used to take piano lessons lol

Any other suggestions?
>>
>>18626027
It sounds like activities that used to interest you are boring now. That's called anhedonia and it is one of the most diagnostically important and obvious signs of oncoming depression.

If your symptoms get worse and you really do fall into depression, I hope you'll remember this post. The hardest part, once it hits you, is believing that you are suffering from a treatable illness and not some kind of personal failing. If things get worse for you I hope you'll look back on this and say "huh, I guess my lack of interest in things from a few months back was a sign of something after all, I should go down to the student health center and see what they can do for me."
>>
>>18626061
Mmh, I read on Wikipedia what's that and many things match with my actual situation. I suspected in the past about some symptoms of depression but never been brave enough to talk about it to my doctor; maybe I should get in touch with him? I don't really like talking about myself to other people
>>
>>18626122
>I don't really like talking about myself to other people
Neither do I. I always felt like admitting I was struggling with something was the "wrong answer." If a Dr asked me about mood or stress or something of course I would say "everything is fine" or "I have it under control." That tendency is one of the things that made me susceptible to depression in the first place: I'm hard on myself and averse to asking for help.

Don't think of your healthcare providers as "other people." Your interactions with them aren't social. They aren't your friends, they are people who work for you. If you keep something important from them, why hire them at all? You might find it weird to talk to your regular doctor about this stuff (maybe you've known him for a long time or something), but especially if you are a university student there are lots of other people who have taking care of your mental health in their job description. It sounds like you might be outside the US, so I'm not exactly sure how things work in your country, but there is definitely someone "on your team" who can help you as soon as you ask for it. When I was having bad depression I personally didn't want to explore medication, so I asked to be referred to a talk therapist. That's a helpful option, but if you are interested in trying medication you can talk to your regular doctor or a psychiatrist. In the US psychiatrists usually have a very long waiting list, but when I was a student I was able to see one more or less immediately at the school health center. Even though I didn't want medication, I found it very helpful to talk to an expert who I had never met before and knew I would never meet again. I could be completely open and honest while also making sure that the expert didn't think my recovery plan of talk therapy was completely crazy.
>>
>>18626161
Well, I'll give it a shot on Friday then; he could give me advice on who is the right therapist to contact, I guess. I hope I build up enough courage to go lol

Thank you.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.