[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So heres the basic gestalt. In a few weeks I'm gonna be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1501932360639.jpg (90KB, 957x621px) Image search: [Google]
1501932360639.jpg
90KB, 957x621px
So heres the basic gestalt. In a few weeks I'm gonna be starting a college type of thing. I'm really looking forward to it because I'll be able to meet loads of people and I just feel like its something to look forward to. This summer has just been shit for me almost the entire time. My friends pretty much gave up on me and stopped contacting me and a load of other stuff happened, and I decided to just sit tight until college and I'll make new friends and it will all be great.
Here's the problem. In about a week and a half I'll be getting some pretty big exam results and I'm anxious as fuck. I think I have done ok but I could be wrong and the fact that the day is coming up so soon just pisses me right off and basically means I can't look forward to college because these results are coming up before I begin it.

Tl.dr - How do you look forward to a good thing when there is a shitty thing coming up before it?
>>
>>18625755
In my experience depression about high school and university results are very prevaliant and a very common reason for depression. However, its easily cured by recieieving the results. Dont kill yourself until you see whats up. You'll be fine. Try getting drunk in the meantime, works for me.
>>
>>18625755

By dealing with the thing first. And until that thing happens, not worrying.
>>
>>18625766
Yeah, I get anxious about pretty much everything and usually everything turns out better than I expected. I guess I'll just have to grit my teeth for a little while. The results themselves are not incredibly important since the college entry requirements are low but its just my family who always expect me to do ridiculously well.
>>
>>18625755
Did you fucking study?

Did you apply to at least 3 other colleges?

Do you have a backup plan if you don't get in?

I usually prepare for the worst possible situation. It helps to know that you'll still be in control of your future if everything goes to shit.
>>
>>18625779
You're wasting your time if the requirements are "low".
Get into a good college and go for a stem field.
Do the first year there, get your gpa up and transfer the fuck out.
>>
>>18625783
I did study, and there are backup options available to me. The entry requirements for the college are low and I'm fairly certain that i will get into it. The problem is that my family have huge expectations of me for these exams that I am just not going to reach, and the people I did the exams with are all way smarter than me and I don't want to look dumb. That being said, I'm not gonna see these people again since I'm going to this new college.
>>
>>18625813

>my family has huge expectations of me
Okay. Your family expects a lot from you because you're literally a big ball of "unrealized"
potential and they want to see the results of the 18 years that they've dedicated to raising a kid

>the people i did the exam with are all way smarter than me
Sounds like these exams are important since other students who took it with you are "way smarter" than you.
Also, very defeatist attitude to say everyone else is way smarter than you.
If this is high school level stuff, then they're probably as smart as you, the only difference is that they have willpower.

>That being said im not going to see these people again
lol. Yes you will, you will see a lot of smart and talented people in college.
You will also work in groups with a lot of smart and talented douchebags
and you're going to have to work on your people skills to deal with that. It wont go away.
>>
>>18625910
>that being said im not going to see these people again

I meant the people at the high school im about to leave, since I'm the only person from the school to be going to this college. I tend to blow these things out of proportion and I have probably done ok, I'm just having a hard time anticipating them and I'm worried mostly about what the people around me are gonna think if i do poorly.
>>
>>18625928

That whole anxious attitude based on the judgement of others needs to be fixed.
It's better to set your own goals, and remember that everyone has a different path in life.
Just because you got a B on an exam doesn't make you a social reject in your group of friends.

Being around friends shouldn't make you this anxious.
>>
>>18625981
My friends are kind of assholes actually, they thrive on seeing each other fail. I'm gonna be leaving them behind anyway when I move to the new college but I guess when I get the results I should just try and focus on my own goals and ignore what they think.
>>
>>18626021

They're young and stupid, but that attitude goes away after some time. good luck man
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.